Old Everton Pictures

1684664422627.webp

4th March 1964. Everton captain Roy Vernon congratulates debutant Fred Pickering following his hat trick against Nottingham Forest, at the Goodison Park.- Fred Had scored a hat trick at Goodison the week before??? for Blackburn Rovers in a 4-2 win for them, we signed him mid-week, and he scored another hat trick this time for us - in a 6-1 win - for @roy vernon - & @tangerine Toffee & co -

1623327851054-png.130108
9th Nov 1963 actually.
Bryan Douglas ripped us a new one, iirc, we were 2 or 3 down before we knew what day it was

9th Nov 1963 actually.
Bryan Douglas ripped us a new one, iirc, we were 2 or 3 down before we knew what day it was
Bryan Douglas very much instrumental in getting Tony Kay getting sent off that day.
9th November 1963. Indelibly etched into my mindset as to it being the date I started my journey with Everton FC. Oh the trials and tribulations being a fan over these past sixty years.

Bryan Douglas very much instrumental in getting Tony Kay getting sent off that day.
9th November 1963. Indelibly etched into my mindset as to it being the date I started my journey with Everton FC. Oh the trials and tribulations being a fan over these past sixty years.
I'd totally forgotten that tbh.

I'd totally forgotten that tbh.
Bryan Douglas was a class player - a youn Bally modelled himself on him - I moved from my first job to the Clitheroe area - when Bryan had a market stall - with a sign of his football history ex |rovers etc - selling hardware goods tools etc - how the professional footballer lives now hey -

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back