Old Everton Pictures

1695637466460.webp

Yes it could have been as in my records - I have not seen that score in that era ;)
Yes just looked it up,played on Wednesday 9 October 1957 ( three days before I was born )
Friendly game to showcase Everton's new floodlights week later we played Arsenal in the first league game played under floodlights
2-2 october 16 1957

Yes just looked it up,played on Wednesday 9 October 1957 ( three days before I was born )
Friendly game to showcase Everton's new floodlights week later we played Arsenal in the first league game played under floodlights
2-2 october 16 1957
Isn't it the final of the Liverpool Senior Cup - St John's debut for them when he scored 3.

Match report from the Echo - biased even then.

lsc.webp

Alan Ball (& others) made an Everton ‘comeback’ in November 1987 in a Merseyside veterans match played before the Football League Centenary Challenge match between the Toffees & Bayern Munich. The Blues beat their German opponents 3-1
1695716419335.webp

Isn't it the final of the Liverpool Senior Cup - St John's debut for them when he scored 3.

Match report from the Echo - biased even then.

View attachment 229063
I asked my older brother if he went to this game & he did with my late father they were in the park end he stated it was a great game & St John looked a good player for them as he was .... I noticed on the team sheet, a certain Johnny Morrissey was playing for the reds .....
The big laugh was the reds at the game were raving about St john & my late father shouted to them, but you still got beaten lol

The Fans loved this little pocket gem as hard as nails - Roy Vernon stated he would have hated to play v him box to box midfielder - The Catt stated in the 1970s my big mistake was selling him 2 seasons too soon & to Leeds of ll teams ...

1695720399602.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back