• First club to have a four-sided stadium with two tier stands
  • First club to have a stadium with a three tier stand
  • First club to issue a regular match programme for home fixtures
  • First club to stage an FA Cup final 1894, Notts County v Bolton Wanderers
  • Founder members of the FA Premier League in 1992
  • First club on Merseyside to win the FA Cup 1906
  • First club to go on an overseas football tour
  • First club to have a player (William Ralph Dean) score 60 league goals
  • First club to wear numbered shirts from 1-11 (1933 FA Cup final)
  • First club to have a church attached to its stadium
  • First club to install dugouts
  • First club to install undersoil heating
  • First club to play 100 seasons in the top-flight
  • First club to stage a World Cup semi-final in Britain
  • First club to have scoreboard with half time/full time facility
  • First club to win a European Cup penalty shoot out
  • First club to have its own podcast
  • First club to have its own online social networking site
  • First club to sell tickets via text message

View attachment 231086
Everton must be the only British club to stage a World Cup semi-final.

It was 6-0 v Forest but not Fred's debut. The goals are : - 07.10.61 Gabriel v Forest (H) Jimmy Gabriel latches on to a Bobby Collins header to steer the ball past Peter Grummitt for the opener.
767 07.10.61 Gabriel v Forest (H) Jimmy Gabriel latches on to a Bobby Collins header to steer...webp

Sir John Moore's who in the 1960s gave us the title as the Mersey Millionaires - he was ruthless ran our club like his Littlewoods businesses - He also then sat on the LFC Board too which is illegal now - here he is in the 1980s as an EFC Board member - two sucessful decades with him at the realm more so influenced in the 1960s though - After 1963 our team was littered with home-grown talent with local players, plus youth players & key signings -

View attachment 230932
I thought that Sydney Reakes was his representative on the Liverpool board so there was no obvious clash of interest. However, I could be completely wrong as I was too young to know about football in the early 60s.

I thought that Sydney Reakes was his representative on the Liverpool board so there was no obvious clash of interest. However, I could be completely wrong as I was too young to know about football in the early 60s.
He was on the LFC board but with a representative yes - hence when Sir John died his son financed LFC

It would not be allowed today - Agent Johnson was financially involved with Tranmere Rovers - he was told if both of his teams met in any cup competitions both teams would ge eliminated.......

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back