Old Everton Pictures

hi joey,

where do you find these great old pictures? Its so much fun going back in time to when EFC were the business.
Purchased far too many books. Used to be a car boot fanatic - plus shop around on the net for books etc, unfortunately a lot are out of print now ..... I just keep on looking - purchased 3 books of the same ilk my memory must be going lol- my son is an IT engineer he sorts out the quality of the photo upload for me ;)

A young Fred Pickering, in the middle of the photo - who started as a full back before being converted to a free scoring no 9 at Blackburn training centre of the group -

1697631722181.webp

10th January 1970 Joe Royle out-jumps Ipswich defender, Derek Jefferson, to meet an Alan Ball free kick and head his first - in a 3-0 win for the Blues - 4 years later Joe had established himself as a young top goalscorer, & we had purchased Bally from Blackpool -

1697632066803.webp

Jimmy Gabby Gabriel purchased from Dundee - the next Dave Mackay - a great success for us - pictured here in our away kit 1961 -a great servant to our club -

View attachment 231787
An old pal of mine, Tony Street, played inside left for England schoolboys against Scotland schoolboys in the mid to late 1950’s. Jimmy Gabriel marked him. He also played in a match Manchester schools v Lancashire schools. He was playing forManchester schools. He still had the little programme in his scrap book. Fred Pickering was playing on the right wing for Lancashire #chools.

Last edited:
A young Fred Pickering, in the middle of the photo - who started as a full back before being converted to a free scoring no 9 at Blackburn training centre of the group -

View attachment 231805
That’s an old Fred Pickering after he re-joined Rovers in about 1970. He was a pale shadow of the great player that left Ewood Park. Injuries had told the tale. Terry Eccles on his right and Don Martin on his left.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back