Old Everton Pictures

Semi Final 1968 v Leeds Westy can't look as Moggsy takes our pen -

1698664022167.webp

I made my debut (watching) that season, love at first sight and life hasn't been the same since.
Wished I could divorce them sometimes, but once you sign up, you are in for life.
Exactly mate, I was a 9 year old kid in that first season when my brother, sadly departed now started taking me to the match. To have been lucky enough to have started watching them that season, how could you not have been smitten. As great as that team was, I still think that the team of the late 60's, which culminated with the title winning 69-70 team was for the three seasons from 67-68, the best Everton side I have seen in my 61 years as a supporter.

Exactly mate, I was a 9 year old kid in that first season when my brother, sadly departed now started taking me to the match. To have been lucky enough to have started watching them that season, how could you not have been smitten. As great as that team was, I still think that the team of the late 60's, which culminated with the title winning 69-70 team was for the three seasons from 67-68, the best Everton side I have seen in my 61 years as a supporter.
I agree the 1969/70 team was so special -

A young boomer Pickering at Blackburn - 2nd right back row - he first played full back for them , but did play upfront in the reserves for them -
In a team that had Derek Dougan at no 9 Roy Vernon, Brian Douglas - Dougan got injured - Fred went no 9 the rest is history a superb goalscorer & an all round CF -

View attachment 233247
Three ex- Evertonians in that photo. Four if you count Fred.

28 August 1965 NOT A GOAL, but still an important piece of Everton history. John Hurst becomes the first Everton substitute when he replaces the injured Fred Pickering with eight minutes remaining in the away game at Stoke. The final touch of the game came as John Hurst headed a corner into the net, only for the referee to rule that he had blown the final whistle before the ball crossed the line -

1698748251821.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back