6. Alan Ball 1970 - 1971
  7. Howard Kendall 1972 - 1974
  8. Roger Kenyon 1974 - 1976
  9. Mick Lyons 1976 - 1982
  10. Billy Wright 1982
  11. Mark Higgins 1983 - 1984
  12. Kevin Ratcliffe 1984 - 1990
Just sayin like
Alex Parker in my mind was definitely our Captain before Vernon ? Just telephoned my older brother - yes Alex Parker was captain in the early 1960s then Vernon took over when he left ...

Alex Parker Evertons captain, leads the team out against Sheffield United - for @degsy

1713959682267.png

Alex Parker in my mind was definitely our Captain before Vernon ? Just telephoned my older brother - yes Alex Parker was captain in the early 1960s then Vernon took over when he left ...
So how come Vernon was Capt Vs Fulham when we won the League and Parker was in the picture(?) with him.

(I'll allow that there might’ve been the odd time when 'TE' was injured and Parker was a temporary stand in)

So how come Vernon was Capt Vs Fulham when we won the League and Parker was in the picture(?) with him.

(I'll allow that there might’ve been the odd time when 'TE' was injured and Parker was a temporary stand in)
My older brother stated he was at the Leeds away game in the FA CUP at Elland road & we were 1-0 down - we got a late pen & Alex Scot had been a successful pen taker as Vernon had been injured - Scott fluffed the pen to equalise for a replay but the referee noticed Gary Sprake had moved too early & ordered a retake - Alex Scott picked the ball up, but Captain Parker ran up took the ball off him & handed it to Roy Vernon - who as per slotted it home - we won the replay at Goodison with Gabby playing no 9 ....

Roy Vernon was made captain when Alex became had a long term injury problem - Roy was a surprise choice at the time as he & the Catt always never saw eye to eye - the Catt stated it was to calm Vernon down ....
My older brother told me this - this am ? He is 7 years older than me ....

My older brother stated he was at the Leeds away game in the FA CUP at Elland road & we were 1-0 down - we got a late pen & Alex Scot had been a successful pen taker as Vernon had been injured - Scott fluffed the pen to equalise for a replay but the referee noticed Gary Sprake had moved too early & ordered a retake - Alex Scott picked the ball up, but Captain Parker ran up took the ball off him & handed it to Roy Vernon - who as per slotted it home - we won the replay at Goodison with Gabby playing no 9 ....

Roy Vernon was made captain when Alex became had a long term injury problem - Roy was a surprise choice at the time as he & the Catt always never saw eye to eye - the Catt stated it was to calm Vernon down ....
My older brother told me this - this am ?

He is 7 years older than me ....
And I'm older than him.
Recollections may vary, as they say.
You've deffo posted a picture of Vernon (& Yeats) leading the teams out for the 1962 Derby...I was there, I saw him do it...which was 18 months or so prior to that Leeds game.

And I'm older than him.
Recollections may vary, as they say.
You've deffo posted a picture of Vernon (& Yeats) leading the teams out for the 1962 Derby...I was there, I saw him do it...which was 18 months or so prior to that Leeds game.
I recall Alex Parker being Captain before that era before we won the league in 1963 maybe only for a short period in the early 1960s Injuries took their toll & Vernon took over ...