Old Everton Pictures

John Hurst -

1717582570933.webp

this type of boot was still going in 1959 - I know as my first boots were a bit like these cork stud attached by a small tack nial - that eventually wore through you sole & made you feet bleed -

1717582628100.png

The Everton fans in the KOP on Derby day - not the Gwladys street end as the caption stated - in fact we got slated with a T-shirt with this transferred photo on way back when it was sold as such :eek: - Always thousands of us as it was easier to get tickets of then ticket touts as it held approximately 23, 000 standing on the terraces -

View attachment 259580
Been there, done that.

My hero - started as a centre half - then a wing half - scored with either foot - fantastic in the air - a back injury we sold him to City where he gained more England caps & a trophy with them - another player sold too soon - The Latch wanted him as a scoring partner - manager Billy Bingham wanted the cash -

1717583313477.webp

This is when Bally's penalty taking became erratic = enter big Joe - who just thumped them hard in the top corner or the roof of the net - Bally never missed many, but then had a spell of missing pens & Big Joe Royle took over - Westys anguish of a missed pen by Bally - for @westchan & co -

1717584152168.webp

The Everton fans in the KOP on Derby day - not the Gwladys street end as the caption stated - in fact we got slated with a T-shirt with this transferred photo on way back when it was sold as such :eek: - Always thousands of us as it was easier to get tickets of then ticket touts as it held approximately 23, 000 standing on the terraces -

View attachment 259580
That's the 70s.
Not the kop.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back