Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

1719011233344.webp

Derek Temple - Mick Meagan - Tony Kay - The GV - Billy Bingham reunion at Goodison Park - sadly only Temple & Kay still alive -

View attachment 261685
Went to a meet Everton x players in my local club few years back round about 2007ish
Derek & few more Fred pickering and Howard kendal were there sat next to Derek for little while
We got talking about Tony Kay All I can say is Derek was not a fan of Kay

Labone
Went to a meet Everton x players in my local club few years back round about 2007ish
Derek & few more Fred pickering and Howard kendal were there sat next to Derek for little while
We got talking about Tony Kay All I can say is Derek was not a fan of Kay
Labone stated that Kay was a great half back of the position back then - but he knew it, & it made him a big head in the team - he was pushing for captaincy too - plus if not banned would have made the England position his - {no Nobby Styles} - He also stated Bally would have loved to play with him in an Everton side because of his hard tackling game - but Labby stated there would have maybe no Holy Trinity of pure football if Tony had stayed in the team - I was just about to be allowed to go & see Tony Kay my late father & my older brother were raving about him - & bang he was banned for life .....

The GV believed he was innocent of the match fixing ?

Labone

Labone stated that Kay was a great half back of the position back then - but he knew it, & it made him a big head in the team - he was pushing for captaincy too - plus if not banned would have made the England position his - {no Nobby Styles} - He also stated Bally would have loved to play with him in an Everton side because of his hard tackling game - but Labby stated there would have maybe no Holy Trinity of pure football if Tony had stayed in the team - I was just about to be allowed to go & see Tony Kay my late father & my older brother were raving about him - & bang he was banned for life .....

The GV believed he was innocent of the match fixing ?
Imagined if Tony Kay never got banned, what a different world we would live in

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back