Old Everton Pictures

For @BigMick & co - The great TG Jones The Prince of Centre halves - leaps like a salmon v Sunderland -

1591095257006.png

For @BigMick & co - The great TG Jones The Prince of Centre halves - leaps like a salmon v Sunderland -

1591095257006.png
Bit before my time Joey, loads of people love and comment on TG.
Did you see him play? Was he a grock (kick anything that moves) or a ball playing centre half? (Did they have any back then?)
Would he make it today in the modern game (bit of extra training and cut out the Capstan full strength)

Bit before my time Joey, loads of people love and comment on TG.
Did you see him play? Was he a grock (kick anything that moves) or a ball playing centre half? (Did they have any back then?)
Would he make it today in the modern game (bit of extra training and cut out the Capstan full strength)
Hell no - My late father did & when I drooled over seeing Labby Labone at no 5 - My late father told me straight, no one could have been as good as TG Jones -
I have since read his autobiography - The Prince of Centre Halves - no doubts about it, he was the first ball playing centre half - the first Franz Beucumbar of his day - played for Wales - Dixie Dean stated he was a better player than John Charles -

Plus after the war we crapped on him a bad Everton that moment -he never forgave us ... I recommend you read that book ;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back