Old Everton Pictures

Fred Pickering scoring record with us - spoke to my older brother last night and he reckons he was one top striker as a no 9- only for his knee injury he would have gone on to great things - just look at his strike rate for us below -

In total, Pickering scored 70 times in 115 matches for Everton – an average of a goal every 1.6 games. Such numbers are pretty impressive for a failed left-back who was converted to centre-forward by Blackburn boss Jack Marshall in what proved to be an inspired gamble for @edge & co -

View attachment 264225
Did not get to see Fred in a blue shirt remember asking my dad about him he said Fred would shoot on site
With such power ( boomer ) some times he would miss by a country mile dad would say he just turn to the crowd
With a huge grin on his face

Hursty - Labby & Colin Harvey show their heading skills at Bellfield -

1720784527739.png

February 1980 - as a prelude to the Rovers FA Cup tie v Aston Villa, the Rovers boss, Howard Kendall invited ex Rovers greats Keith Newton and Bryan Douglas to join the training session. Keith, Duncan McKenzie and Howard look on as Bryan Douglas prepares for action. -
when I lived in NE Lancashire Bryan had a DIY stall on Clitheroe market with a sign up ex Blackburn rovers striker - how times change -

1589998516643.png

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.