Old Everton Pictures

For @LinekersLegs & co -

1722426396012.webp

😆 I suppose smoking gave you an air of authority in those days. I believe the Brazilian star Socrates was on 2 packs a day.
Duncan Mackenzie was a heavy smoker - Roy Vernon, sadly a chain smoker - The GV reckons if he had not smoked as many he would have been better than Law & Greaves as he was so fast over 12 yards smoking - he reckoned if he had that pace all over the pitch - he was the best player he had seen - the Catt had Roy Vernon in - I have noticed you are smoking a lot - yes boss been doing since i was 12 years old - The Catt how many 5 stated Roy - the Catt replied its more than 5 ciggies just look at the nicotine on your fingers-Roy Vernon 5 packets of 20 boss - The Catt cut back OK - Yes boss - the door closed & the Catt heard a match strike.... :D

The GV stated Roy was the only player he had seen having a shower, after a game, & holding a cigarette :D

Duncan Mackenzie was a heavy smoker - Roy Vernon, sadly a chain smoker - The GV reckons if he had not smoked as many he would have been better than Law & Greaves as he was so fast over 12 yards smoking - he reckoned if he had that pace all over the pitch - he was the best player he had seen - the Catt had Roy Vernon in - I have noticed you are smoking a lot - yes boss been doing since i was 12 years old - The Catt how many 5 stated Roy - the Catt replied its more than 5 ciggies just look at the nicotine on your fingers-Roy Vernon 5 packets of 20 boss - The Catt cut back OK - Yes boss - the door closed & the Catt heard a match strike.... :D

The GV stated Roy was the only player he had seen having a shower, after a game, & holding a cigarette :D
What if Law & Greaves had not smoked ? 😂

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back