Old Everton Pictures

Everton's new signings, Alan Harper signed from Liverpool reserves, and Trevor Stephen from Burnley - model their new team wear in the summer of 1983. What became of these two promising young players? -

1722595024940.webp

Ticket details for 5th Round FA Cup Merseyside Derby on 11 March 1967. The attendance at Goodison was 64, 851 + was shown on closed circuit TV at Anfield in front of 40,149. The combined attendance of 105,000 is the highest ever for a Cup game in England we won 1-0 Bally scored on a very windy night - look at the prices back then -

1722595117203.webp

-

Bobby Collins signing for Everton from Celtic in 1958. He almost single-handedly gave a flagging squad a sense of purpose and helped steer us away from relegation. He had been down to Goodison as a young player but was homesick & returned north- Everton that.......- abiding to the letter of the Scottish FA.... no obligations..... we forgot to sign him on official transfer forms Doh - he went into Celtic's team & won Scottish caps - when Scotland had a good team played in world cups etc -
What a player a box to box midfielder with little boots - the pocket gem - just missed seeing him - the gates were so large back then for a young lad -

1722595367256.webp

Everton v QPR 13t March1976 Phil Parkes clears from McNaught in a 2-0 defeat for the blues - the only game my girlfriend now my reluctantly came to a game with me as she hated football - but she liked their keeper's legs Phil Parkes ..... I had to go barn dancing for the joy of that game, QPR were riding high at that time ....

1722596089528.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back