Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

Gordon West...........
There,s a number of pictures of him, think this one is a belter....
english-league-division-one-match-at-goodison-park-everton-4-v-fulham-ENHMB2.jpg

Always find it amusing to see the older fans, wearing ties.

...yes, fashion is an interesting aspect of these wonderful old pictures. Caps and hats were also the order of the day. I'm sure your like me, some pictures from the 60s seem like yesterday and I like to recognise players in the background. Still pictures but you can almost see the individuals movement and recognise their gait.

..if I remember rightly, his wife was a music teacher.

Great Blue was Westie:)
I remember a photo of Westie playing the piano too, contributed to the Kopites view of him as a softie!
Remember seeing his son pointed out to me going to the match on his own by bus when he was about 17, very passionate blue. Used to see West occasionally in the Square in Maghull.

...yes, fashion is an interesting aspect of these wonderful old pictures. Caps and hats were also the order of the day. I'm sure your like me, some pictures from the 60s seem like yesterday and I like to recognise players in the background. Still pictures but you can almost see the individuals movement and recognise their gait.
My dad would never have been seen dead at the match without jacket and tie!!!! "Mufflers and scarves are for Kopites, son"!!!!!

I remember a photo of Westie playing the piano too, contributed to the Kopites view of him as a softie!
Remember seeing his son pointed out to me going to the match on his own by bus when he was about 17, very passionate blue. Used to see West occasionally in the Square in Maghull.
Had a good conversation when I was visiting a mate in hospital years ago allez,Westie was on his ward,Mexico 1970?all I'll say is he told me he divorced his Mrs a couple of years later,big regret to him that he didn't go, particularly with the Bonetti game v West Germany,what a character though:)

I'm after a bit of help. My mate reckons Peter Reid was stretchered off at Goodison and as he went off, he held Reidy's hand. He says there was a picture of it in the Footy Echo, can anyone remember what game it was or even better have the said picture. He's Google it etc but to no avail.

...brilliant, sounds like a lovely man.
Thanks mate, he was. An extremely passionate Blue, always positive about our chances, not uncritical of how the club did things but Nil Satis Nisi Optimum was his start point for Everton for him. We only existed to strive to be the forerunners at all times. Only ever heard him swear at the once.....the Clive Thomas semi!!!!!!

Had a good conversation when I was visiting a mate in hospital years ago allez,Westie was on his ward,Mexico 1970?all I'll say is he told me he divorced his Mrs a couple of years later,big regret to him that he didn't go, particularly with the Bonetti game v West Germany,what a character though:)
Yep, I did not know him personally but know that stopping playing hit him very hard. My personal favourite photo of him was celebrating in front of the kop a goal of of ours in the league clinching Derby in 1970. Pure unadulterated joy....for those who understand, no explanation is necessary...!!!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back