Old Photos Of Where You Live

Eagle and child fire damage when children set it alight... all original features were destroyed along with tables chairs and the big old mirrors it was puled down not long after -

View attachment 231638
Looks just like it did when I used to pop in on the odd Saturday afternoon...in fact a bit better.

Hard to believe but back in the late 60s when there were still 'Sunday drivers' and it was still thought of...depending where you lived obvs...as 'out in the country'. On a sunday dinner they did a nice chicken and chips in the basket you could eat outside in the rear garden if it was sunny...ground breaking stuff for back then - food in a pub.

Eagle and child fire damage when children set it alight... all original features were destroyed along with tables chairs and the big old mirrors it was puled down not long after -

View attachment 231638
It was obviously a much loved pub, because you would often see the fine gentleman of Huyton sitting on the steps of the pub with their cans of special brew for a long time after it was closed and boarded up.

It was obviously a much loved pub, because you would often see the fine gentleman of Huyton sitting on the steps of the pub with their cans of special brew for a long time after it was closed and boarded up.
When I was a kid going down past it on a bus - they would be playing Pitch & Toss with two coins for betting - police chasing the off lol -
My late father called in reluctantly on a hot day as he had just missed his bus - purchased a pint of bitter had a swig - he needed the toilet - came back his pint on the bar had gone - asked the barman where the hell has my pint of bitter gone ?
It's probably been mine swept in here mate lol
Then a load of guys came in selling all sorts of alleged good knock off gear - so he purchased a bargain & went home no need to go to town after alllol

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back