Old Photos Of Where You Live

….i imagine the buildings in lots of those towns hasn’t changed significantly. I remember travelling from Dublin to Listowel with my mates in a mini-bus. It was early morning but we asked the driver to stop so we could have a pint.

He stopped at a place called ‘Newmarket’ which was ironic because we were going the races. He told us to go in the butchers, walk behind the counter and through the doorway. We did just that and straight into a bar drinking Guinness at 09.00am. There’s a reason we went to Ireland for over20 years.

….1897, construction of St Vincent’s Blind School, Yew Tree Lane. My daughter worked in the kitchens cleaning pans when she was a student;

View attachment 243005

….1897, construction of St Vincent’s Blind School, Yew Tree Lane. My daughter worked in the kitchens cleaning pans when she was a student;

View attachment 243005
When I left school I worked on the asphalt and we put a roof onto an extension on this School. It would have been about 1972 or 73.

My old street. Where the lady is standing is Where our house would have been. My school is on the right. Where the car is used to be Roden St.The houses were demolished in 1963 64. I think they have built houses there again but I don't think it's called Garden Lane anymore.

….brilliant, lovely it brings back some memories.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back