Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Photos Of Where You Live

Neither can I really, I think I half do, or at least I should do, funny stuff memory, back then, if it's 50s early 60s vintage, band stands were still10 a penny in even the smallest parks.

…..was thinking the same, maybe even one in Shaw St but I can’t remember ever seeing a band play.

I remember the Stanley Park bandstand. They filmed the pilot for Bold as Brass a Jimmy Edwards series there, couple of local lads I knew got on as extras.
Neither can I really, I think I half do, or at least I should do, funny stuff memory, back then, if it's 50s early 60s vintage, band stands were still 10 a penny in even the smallest parks -

Bandstands - I used to work every Saturday & Sunday at Prescot Nursery at the back of the council office registry offices - my boss told me the wooden band stand was rotten so we put obstacles in the way for no one to use it ...

On a sunny Saturday I was a good way off watering a massive grade 2 building of a conservatory & I heard chatter of a large group which was a wedding party - & a photographer - I dropped my hosepipe as I could see what was coming - .....
Too late, I went out waving my arms & shouting as the photographer was about to take his wedding group photo as they all amassed on the rotten wooden platform of the bandstand - I told the photographer straight away get them off the bandstand it's rotten, & not safe hence the obsticles in front of it not to use it .... -no, he stated it's a great setting for a wedding photo -

Bang it collapsed a 3-4 foot-drop all in their best wedding attire they fell down like dominoes :lol: -

I just laughed & scarpered as groans & moans of the gathering were getting back up off their arsps - Great setting hey I shouted to the wedding photographer - as I ran in to my conservatory & locked the door behind me & lay low down by the bench they were filthy clothes ripped in some cases ....
I told my Foreman back at the main nursery on the Monday & he just burst out laughing - I will get the Direct works on the council to remove it, I did ask them 6 months ago ...

The rotten bandstand was removed that day :lol:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back