• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Club Transfers 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Promoted clubs have more leeway
So if we go down this season and then come back up it resets the clock surely not? If that were the case the best scenario for us would be to get relegated be sold to a next level investor and then get promoted with the FFP handbrake removed

I am a little bit surprised Bournemouth are able to spend like this and still be compliant with FFP

Looking at the last 3 years - Off Transfermakt so a rough figure

20/21 - £0 Spend £93M Sales + £93M
21/22 - £12.4M Spend 26.9M Sales + £14.26M
22/23 - £59.65M Spend 0 Sales - £59.65M

So that's not far off £50M in profit over the last 3 years even with this years spend included. Add into that 3 years TV money and amortising deals over the length of a contract then they are way below any FFP threshold.

EDIT - more accurately 2 years PL TV money and a very large parachute payment.

Looking at the last 3 years - Off Transfermakt so a rough figure

20/21 - £0 Spend £93M Sales + £93M
21/22 - £12.4M Spend 26.9M Sales + £14.26M
22/23 - £59.65M Spend 0 Sales - £59.65M

So that's not far off £50M in profit over the last 3 years even with this years spend included. Add into that 3 years TV money and amortising deals over the length of a contract then they are way below any FFP threshold.

EDIT - more accurately 2 years PL TV money and a very large parachute payment.
Fair enough I seem to recall them massively overspending on RS tat and did not recall them selling much in the Championship. I stand corrected

Fair enough I seem to recall them massively overspending on RS tat and did not recall them selling much in the Championship. I stand corrected
I think Ibe had some off the field issues apparently and completely flopped. Solanke's not pulled up any trees in the PL but he scored loads in the Championship for them coming back up so not a complete waste of money.

I think those two muddied the waters when people looked at Howe in the market. Those aside they've been very, very good and their first year back in The Championship (20/21) they sold Ake, Wilson and Ramsdale and only brought in Frees and Loans. Didn't sell much the following year but again stuck to frees & loans coming back up.

Are there any teams within 3 points of us that haven’t strengthened this window?

The club was happy to start this season and let points go by us knowing we still needed strengthening and we’ve once again got to the end of another transfer window, letting games and points go by, while we still desperately need reinforcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back