• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester apparently in for William Carvalho. From what I saw of him at the WC when we were linked with him and from his time at Betis I think the entire 90 minutes of PL football would pass him by before he’s turned/passed the ball.

He's been good at Betis, I can see why they'd want him. Very good technically and massive in overall stature. Pace concerns are fair, but I think he'll do okay. He's a better version of Tom Huddleston - I've never seen someone hit a 60-yard pass with such disdain. It's almost comical how little effort it takes him.

just seen about that Pjanic - Arthur swap deal

as daft as Ibrahimovic - Eto'o was

I wrote on here before that Arthur was a good player...sadly not many agreed.

The fee though is far higher than i expected, and clearly done for FFP accounting.

Barca fans and team must be livid...Pjanic lol

Not in the slightest, they're skint. I'm more worried about city signing him, of city have him and laporte in their defence to go with midfield and attack, every team can write off getting close to them for the next five years.

I'm not convinced they are skint

Not in the slightest, they're skint. I'm more worried about city signing him, of city have him and laporte in their defence to go with midfield and attack, every team can write off getting close to them for the next five years.

I would love to have him but I'm not sure he fits the profile of our transfer targets these days.
He's 29yo and from all reports the fee would be north of £80m.
We have in recent years gone for the circa 25yo players with a fee of around £50 - £60m.
I genuinely hope I am wrong because as you say, him and Laporte would be some combination.

There is a strong rumour swirling on the City forums that we are seriously in for Jack Grealish.
I hope not. Joey Barton in disguise...

I would love to have him but I'm not sure he fits the profile of our transfer targets these days.
He's 29yo and from all reports the fee would be north of £80m.
We have in recent years gone for the circa 25yo players with a fee of around £50 - £60m.
I genuinely hope I am wrong because as you say, him and Laporte would be some combination.

There is a strong rumour swirling on the City forums that we are seriously in for Jack Grealish.
I hope not. Joey Barton in disguise...

Grealish would never see the time of day at city, so there'd be no point. If they need to bump up their English quota, they may as well get someone like tom Davies for a fifth of the price, he'd never play either.

Grealish would never see the time of day at city, so there'd be no point. If they need to bump up their English quota, they may as well get someone like tom Davies for a fifth of the price, he'd never play either.
Silva leaving though, and Gundogan ageing...

Think they already have a silva replacement in bernardo silva, then they bought rodri last year ahead of gundogen, tbf fernandinho could go back there if i bought a defence, but he is 35
Yeah I thought Rodri was more intended as a Fernandinho cover/replacement. But yeah they've got Bernardo and Foden as well as KDB. But Sane is going so he could be considered a versatile option cover AM and wide positions.

Think they already have a silva replacement in bernardo silva, then they bought rodri last year ahead of gundogen, tbf fernandinho could go back there if i bought a defence, but he is 35
Or Foden. He reminds me more of a silva replacement. What an embarrassment of riches they have in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back