Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other clubs Transfer window 2024-2025

They had almost a full team out injured last season at various points, they also had De Zerbi who kept changing things all the time and by the end of the season he was driving most of the players nuts. The new guy has a slightly different way of playing and its paid off in pre season as they have looked very good in some games, I reckon they will a bit better this season, De Zerbi really did cause a few issues last season both on and off the pitch.

Same for us really, it was a poor season for many reasons, and finished level on points.

I do think people go way OTT on transfers across the board, look who they signed last season.....would anyone have predicted they end up level on points wioth us ??

Last season Brighton signed Pedro, Igor, Beleba, Verbruggen & Barco for around £100 million. PLUS Loaned Fatti.

A lot of good and versatile attacking options now for Brighton. Minteh, Mitoma, March, Gruda, Enciso, Adingra. Then at CF you've got Ferguson, Welbeck, Joao Pedro. Good options in defence too but for me still look a bit light at central midfield, depending on how Huerzeler sets them up. Baleba and Wieffer look the main pair but Dahoud and Gilmour are on their way by the look of it.

Brighton Alert
1723547981847.webp

A lot of good and versatile attacking options now for Brighton. Minteh, Mitoma, March, Gruda, Enciso, Adingra. Then at CF you've got Ferguson, Welbeck, Joao Pedro. Good options in defence too but for me still look a bit light at central midfield, depending on how Huerzeler sets them up. Baleba and Wieffer look the main pair but Dahoud and Gilmour are on their way by the look of it.
They will have to play some defenders mate.

They wil still play that awful Van Hecke. And you just named 5 players who haven't kicked a ball in the Premier League,
Baleba hasent really offered much while Pedro went off the boil also last year.
We dont know how much Welbeck will play, March has an injury to return from & Adingra is also hot & cold (his numbers are similar to Harrisons), plus that Enciso is nothing special.

For example almost £60m spent on Wieffer & Baleba......or ourselves spending £9m on someone like Iroegbunam who (as you put importance on pre season) has looked like a areal bargain this pre season.

They wil still play that awful Van Hecke. And you just named 5 players who haven't kicked a ball in the Premier League,
We dont know how much Welbeck will play, March has an injury to return from & Adingra is also hot & cold (his numbers are similar to Harrisons), plus that Enciso is nothing special.

For example almost £60m spent on Wieffer & Baleba......or ourselves spending £9m on someone like Iroegbunam who (as you put importance on pre season) has looked like a areal bargain this pre season.
Beep Beep Beep

Same for us really, it was a poor season for many reasons, and finished level on points.

I do think people go way OTT on transfers across the board, look who they signed last season.....would anyone have predicted they end up level on points wioth us ??

Last season Brighton signed Pedro, Igor, Beleba, Verbruggen & Barco for around £100 million. PLUS Loaned Fatti.
Transfers are in fact a little bit over rated, I've said that for a while.
Coaching, team cohesion, familiarity are all things just as, if not more important.

You look at the amount of £25-£35m transfers in the Premier League that just drift into a bit of squad filler is huge. Your best of either a)buying a real difference maker for big coin (the reds with Van Dijk, Arsenal with Rice) or staying around the under £20-£15m sector and only bringing in 3-4 of them max.

West ham are closing in on signing Fullkrim (sp) the striker from dortmund which I'm kinda envious of , it's irksome the clubs that have leapfrogged us on having better squads along with West ham you have aston villa as well

€30mil for a 31 year old for 3 years?

I think they have an ageing side dont they and are just adding short term players?

Ours is gradually being rebuilt with youth.

I'd have been so happy with him and Gnonto :(

My understanding is the PL still has to decide on the hotel and womens team sale for fair value. That won't happen until 2-3 months into the new season once the official financial reports for Season 23-24 are released. My guess is there will be multiple legal cases brought as a result. Gallagher and Chalobah seem to be their only youth academy players of significant value remaining and both are likely to leave this window. After that, its selling players they've signed other than Palmer at a loss, unless Maresca does better than expected, and even then who knows what clauses City inserted into the Palmer deal to possibly sign him back on the cheap.

My guess is that the lunacy ongoing within the club relegates them within the next 3 years, and then they're sold off to the highest bidder. But how it gets to that point will be very interesting to watch, and be a discussion point for decades to come

Just managing all of those players, some on fortunes and probably will be complacent.

I suspect a bargain or two will come out of there each window.

Interesting if true. Could mean Eze is off?

It would be nice if we could get Chukwuemeka, Iroegbunam's old midfield partner.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back