Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other clubs transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think we’ll finish above Leicester at time of writing, but just hope they don’t spend that windfall from Maguire too wisely or they’ll start to look very strong

I am more focused on finishing above Arsenal / United / Chelsea

A couple of big additions this week will see that become more than just a possibility.

Just read on Facebook* (the font of all knowledge), that Phil Jones had agreed personal terms with newcastle.

*my facebook is full of geordies and it's one of their fan sites someone commented on

I posted previously that I wondered how long it would be before Steve Bruce did his usual trick of buying
all of United's cast offs at highly inflated prices? Didn't take long did it?

When Ferguson bought him from Blackburn he was touted as 'the next Duncan Edwards' (I kid you not!)...

Still think we’ll finish above Leicester at time of writing, but just hope they don’t spend that windfall from Maguire too wisely or they’ll start to look very strong

Be very surprised if they can spend it and replace him.

They've waited to get £80m before deciding to bag a replacement - every CB they will now want will have his price doubled.

Talk of £75m for Ake, when if they thought ahead they could have bagged him for £30/40m a few weeks ago.

The way I see it in regards to the teams around us is:
Chelsea - technically gotten worse due to the loss of their best player and being unable to replace him.
United - Arguably weaker, the loss of Herrera will hurt them as will Pogba and Lukaku poisoning the dressing room.
Arsenal - maybe better in attack but still garbage defensively

The way I see it in regards to the teams around us is:
Chelsea - technically gotten worse due to the loss of their best player and being unable to replace him.
United - Arguably weaker, the loss of Herrera will hurt them as will Pogba and Lukaku poisoning the dressing room.
Arsenal - maybe better in attack but still garbage defensively

Also there has to be question marks over each of the respective management teams? At least in terms of premier league, Unai having proved himself in Seville...

I literally couldn’t get excited about that if I was a United fan. A big player on the world stage (Dybala) has just turned them down for being crap and the next day they overpay massively for a bog standard English defender.

They should be proper worried.

80m for a player to be dominant in the air and Yerry Mina absolutely dominates him. United are a mess and buying a CB at a reasonable price is near impossible now.

United got amateur as manager, Pogba who don't want to be there and who is dreaming about Real, Lukaku who also wants to go, their defense and midfield is average, their attack, well, Martial and Rashford are far from consistent scorers, none of them reached 15 goals a season in their careers so far i believe. Chelsea also lost their best player who single-handedly won them many games and his replacement Pulisic is nothing special (mostly hyped cause he is American). Arsenal on other hand has super attack but their defense is Championship standard but still think that their firepower gonna lead them to 4th place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back