2017/18 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's just me... or maybe it's because I've just been reading TF rather than GOT (apologies), but wasn't Niasse originally frozen out by Martinez? Or did I miss something? His whole transfer was a bit bizarre but not sure we know the whole story with him, regardless of Koeman's comments. Are we 100% certain Koeman wasn't just having to toe the clubs line over Niasse for whatever reason?
Made up the lad has bagged 3 in 2 games, but not gonna get carried away... unlike MorgsGoat's waistline (allegedly).
Yep, that's how I remember it.

..why not but I think I'd be tempted to keep him as an impact player. I do think he'd need DCL alongside.

I just think if you're scoring 2 goals to win us a game and it is your 3rd goal in two games, you have to be starting; especially given the fact we have struggled so much for goals this season.

DCL was great with Niassé at the weekend. He did a lot of the running.

Hope he can start adding goals to his game in the league.

I just think if you're scoring 2 goals to win us a game and it is your 3rd goal in two games, you have to be starting; especially given the fact we have struggled so much for goals this season.

DCL was great with Niassé at the weekend. He did a lot of the running.

Hope he can start adding goals to his game in the league.

What'll happen is, he'll start Niasse but continue with 4-3-3 and put DCL and Rooney out wide.

Has anyone written a heart warming summary of his rise from zero to hero yet? Saying how badly he's been treated but he knuckled down and improved?

I definitely haven't seen hundreds of identical posts like that.

Read one that mentioned that he'd not been given a locker, apparently.

Guess it just upsets me that he had so little faith in his teammates he refused to train unless he could make sure his valuables were safe

Read one that mentioned that he'd not been given a locker, apparently.

Guess it just upsets me that he had so little faith in his teammates he refused to train unless he could make sure his valuables were safe
Yeah Oumar deserves every heartwarming story that's written about him , can't get enough myself, though the press do like to twist them a bit.
My current favourite is the one as to why he hasn't got a club suit. Apparently he was walking to the ground and came across a homeless man. Oumar promptly took off his suit and swapped it for the tracksuit the guy was wearing. I love Oumar.

To the tune of "these boots are made for walking"...

Niasse is made for scoring,
that's really all he can do,
and now that he's got his locker,
He's gonna score all over you!
(or He's gonna score cos he's True Blue)
(or He's gonna score a goal or two)
Ooh Ooh, Ooh Ooh, Ooh Ooh, OOH OU-MAR...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back