Our midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyblue80

Player Valuation: £70m
Regardless of the manager and I hope he is finished after today our midfield is an issue. Yes we need to play three in there, but also we need another player with mobility, and an ability to distribute, ideally a DM who can sit. Gomes and Allan can't get around the pitch, Davies and Delph are injured and who knows on Gbamin. So we are left with Doucoure who has legs and he would rather be pushing on.

So it's either give Onyango a go or try Gbamin in a there for a run of games alongside Allan/Doucoure or we look to the market.

Last edited:
Regardless of the manager and I hope he is finished after today our midfield is an issue. Yes we need to play three in there, but also we need another player with mobility, and an ability to distribute, ideally a DM. Gomes and Allan can't get around the pitch, Davies and Delph are injured and who knows on Gbamin. So we are left with Doucoure who has legs and he would rather be pushing on.
I watched the u18s last night a couple of them are better than any of ones in the first team.Stan Mills and Isac Price are 2.

It's weird to me Gbamin has been given barely any minutes I mean he might be physically done and might need games to get to to speed. But week after week we are over run and have a 25m midfielder on the bench who isn't tried.

Won’t make a difference who comes in with the midfielders we have. As you say we are desperate for a out and out DM who sits in there as Allan loves to chase the ball round and get dragged all over the place. Even if we want to play 3 we can’t muster up a decent selection. Allan, Gomes and Doucoure is probably the most logical 3 but non are truly a defensive midfielder or attacking midfielder. Fingers crossed we can bring in someone in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.