Our Net Spend Over the Last Five Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dymak

Player Valuation: £40m
Everton are 18th in the Net Spend table over the past five years.

17 clubs have spent more than Everton over the past five years.

Only Luton and Brighton have spent less.

This is why we are facing relegation.

This is what Dyche is dealing with.

Is it time that the ‘wasteful’ Everton narrative came to an end, when the facts are that we are one of the worst funded clubs in the whole league?

Everton are 18th in the Net Spend table over the past five years.

17 clubs have spent more than Everton over the past five years.

Only Luton and Brighton have spent less.

This is why we are facing relegation.

This is what Dyche is dealing with.

Is it time that the ‘wasteful’ Everton narrative came to an end, when the facts are that we are one of the worst funded clubs in the whole league?

Now do Wages.

I’d genuinely like to know where we are in that regard? Reckon it’s in the top half?
Its really hard these days.

The rise of Sportax and other jarg websites make it difficult to properly check.

They dont reflect the true wage bills of clubs, to do that I would need to look at club accounts and quite frankly, aint nobody got time for that.

I know earlier on in Moshs reign we were the 7th highest wage bill in the league, potentially 6th, but a few clubs have overtaken us now, we are probably still top 10 tho.

1. Manchester United – £222,984,000
2. Chelsea – £169,720,000
3. Manchester City – £163,060,000
4. Liverpool – £141,782,000
5. Tottenham – £101,344,000
6. Arsenal – £85,490,000
7. Leicester City – 78,780,000
8. Aston Villa – £75,232,000
9. West Ham – £70,160,000
10. Newcastle United – £62,610,000
11. Crystal Palace – £59,180,000
12. Everton – £43,120,000
13. Wolves – £38,310,000
14. Fulham – £37,610,000
15. Southampton – £35,380,000
16. Bournemouth – £32,044,000
17. Nottingham Forest – £28,590,000
18. Brighton – £28,340,000
19. Leeds United – £17,300,000
20. Brentford – £15,240,000

Take this for example.

wages.jpg

There is no doubt that since the Stadium started and the sanctions were imposed that the tap has been turned off tho.

That's not something to boast about. The club has sold almost everyone worth selling to make up for the mis-steps done earlier by the same regime.

We’re paying garbage players far too much money so no one else will take them and it stops us from buying players. What happens when you’re up there with the worst ran clubs in football ever.

We need a good scouting network, buy young players with potential and stop spending on older players on big wages with no resale value. Again this is happening as we’re so badly ran.

What would the Everton board do? do the opposite and more often than not you’ll be right.

Its really hard these days.

The rise of Sportax and other jarg websites make it difficult to properly check.

They dont reflect the true wage bills of clubs, to do that I would need to look at club accounts and quite frankly, aint nobody got time for that.

I know earlier on in Moshs reign we were the 7th highest wage bill in the league, potentially 6th, but a few clubs have overtaken us now, we are probably still top 10 tho.

So we may be underperforming from a wages point of view, but from a player investment point of view we lay in 18th place after five years (half a decade).

Even if you take the wage bill into account, it’s hardly mega spending from a Premier League point of view is it, which is why the continued ‘wasteful Everton’ narrative wrecks my head.

If you stop investing in players in the Premier League, then you eventually end up going down. Happened to Villa, happened to Sunderland, and even happened to Leicester after only a slight reduction in spending. It will happen to us soon imo.

So we may be underperforming from a wages point of view, but from a player investment point of view we lay in 18th place after five years (half a decade).

Even if you take the wage bill into account, it’s hardly mega spending from a Premier League point of view is it, which is why the continued ‘wasteful Everton’ narrative wrecks my head.

If you stop investing in players in the Premier League, then you eventually end up going down. Happened to Villa, happened to Sunderland, and even happened to Leicester after only a slight reduction in spending. It will happen to us soon imo.
Its wasteful cos what a Net spend doesnt reflect is that we sold Richarlison, Kean, Digne and Gordon for a combined 180million.

Its wasteful cos we spent 60m on Doucs, Allan and Gomes, all 3 will leave the club for nothing.

That's not something to boast about. The club has sold almost everyone worth selling to make up for the mis-steps done earlier by the same regime.

I’m certainly not looking at it in a boastful way. I’m saying that it’s one of the real indicators as to why we are facing relegation in the face! And it’s a million miles away from the mega spending Everton nonsense that you still continue to hear. The figures are over a five year period!

Status
Not open for further replies.