Votes: 30 5.4%
  • Pellegrino Matarazzo

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Ernesto Valverde

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Cheese on scotch egg

Votes: 153 27.7%

• Total voters
Think Gary Oneil deserves some consideration, not that I think he would come here while still at wolves. He has done a good job at Bournemouth and wolves. Either way will be interesting to see how his mangerial career develops as still young.
Yeah, I was surprised Bournemouth sacked him there, because they left a few better teams behind on the table and had the worst side on paper last season probably. In the end, it paid of for Wolves and Bournemouth as Iraola does a good job there after a difficult start.

Seeing Naismith on the bench will be just like the old days.

What's his style of play? Can he plait the sawdust that is our squad's talent into something effective?

He's got arguably the third best team in the league to third in the table, so he's performing to par based on what he has to work with

If he did the same here, he'd probably have us a little bit higher than we actually are, but not by much

He probably needs some more experience as a manager and we need a less cack squad. If both of those things happen, then he could be a solid enough appointment here in a few years, but I wouldn't appoint him any time soon

Zero point in bringing in any pace if Dyche is going to continue to have everyone camped out in our own half all the time, if you bring it in then actually use it to offer some sort of threat.
You are right about that his playstyle won't change and isn't conducive for wingers/full backs or Cam, but I'm more about starting to set a course for the future, which should commence asap and in bringing in another manager latest in July 2025, as Dyche probably needs to be endured for another season due to financial reasons.

Can't see us spending much over net transfers in the next 3 years at least, so need so slowly but wisely fix the biggest issues of the squad. And this is more in the midfield and attacking area atm.

Last edited:
Dyche is going nowhere. We can’t afford to sack him for a start.
The Saudis beheading the Geordies at the end of the season if Howe doesn’t bring them Europe is on the cards though, and any new owners will want to install their own man.

Nailed on I think.

Remember when dyche got sacked in his final season the burnley team started to win games and basically missed out on averting relegation by one Cornett sitter , who was the caretaker manager at that time? lol note: tongue in cheek post

Diego Simeone. He’s mad. Completely unhinged. He’d have it! Too taxing for Truss…
Where's the likes of christian gross, martin jol, steve kean, john carver, bob bradley, remi garde, les reed, jan siewert, steve wigley, and frank de boer? Have none of the Everton players of yesteryear pursued the coaching and managerial badges required for this circus? Why not get van der meyde in with a bus load of brass to chase the players through drills? bilic? why not - he's a doorknob headed shyster that's taken us for a ride previous. Get lampard back in, good for a few laughs at least.

Another manager. Like sticking a body kit on your car when you've flogged the wheels.

Where's the likes of christian gross, martin jol, steve kean, john carver, bob bradley, remi garde, les reed, jan siewert, steve wigley, and frank de boer? Have none of the Everton players of yesteryear pursued the coaching and managerial badges required for this circus? Why not get van der meyde in with a bus load of brass to chase the players through drills? bilic? why not - he's a doorknob headed shyster that's taken us for a ride previous. Get lampard back in, good for a few laughs at least.

Another manager. Like sticking a body kit on your car when you've flogged the wheels.
Adrian Heath maybe 😳 but I think he’s too nice a bloke to put managing us on him.

As others have pointed out. We can’t fiscally afford to sack managers.

And managers with any meaningful reputation won’t want to manage what we have and know they can’t pay to bring in others.