Votes: 31 5.8%
  • Pellegrino Matarazzo

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Ernesto Valverde

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Cheese on scotch egg

Votes: 144 26.8%

• Total voters
Have some other names but I have initially one at mind. If 777 take over and Johannes Spors becomes DoF the name I cant shake Ralf Rangnick. Connect Spors ties to RB, and that Ralf could leave Austria post euros harmoniously, I think there might be some overlap of interest.

I personally would welcome it for a lot of reasons. First we'd have a manager I'd trust in recruitment under a new regime. We will need a larger vision in place. Some knack in real sell on viability scouting etc. Of course that would hopefully fall more under Spors, but the hypothetical strength of the club under 777 will be a multi club recruitment strategy. Ralf designed the best one going maybe not named city sports. I could see good structure with those two collectively.

I also think he's turned into a darn good manager without many realising it. Austria have been transformed under him. Hes tactically been incredibly sharp, improved a lot of players from a relatively small pool of choices. I think he's established more credibility or improved on that end compared to his stint at United. He's had some years to hone that craft.

65 years old is a bit of a worry. Maybe he's put to bed club management aspirations. The unique trajectory of his career though, I think he'd consider a premier league job with a backroom he has familiarity with and broadly overlaps with some of his strengths recruitment wise, if that was something he wanted to do again.
It would be a dream to have someone like him in the club.

I hate Red Bull clubs for being a club with no history, but what he's done there implementing a scouting system etc. is outstanding. Building something sustainable, not only buy all players.

It would be a dream to have someone like him in the club.

I hate Red Bull clubs for being a club with no history, but what he's done there implementing a scouting system etc. is outstanding. Building something sustainable, not only buy all players.
Its the kind of hire that if he had done under Moshiri and Brands off the bat, we may have avoided a lot of pitfalls. Our hypothetical strength will be having a global network through all of 777's assets. He'd be a manager that can understand that better than almost anyone, while also having real chops on the sideline. And has worked with our likely DoF before. I just think its got a long vision in mind, a lot of rationale with a name that is slightly depreciated from the limelight.

Its the kind of hire that if he had done under Moshiri and Brands off the bat, we may have avoided a lot of pitfalls. Our hypothetical strength will be having a global network through all of 777's assets. He'd be a manager that can understand that better than almost anyone, while also having real chops on the sideline. And has worked with our likely DoF before. I just think its got a long vision in mind, a lot of rationale with a name that is slightly depreciated from the limelight.
I can tell you, as I follow football in the German room a lot, he is anything than fallen out of the time. Would love him for 4-5 years.

Rooney - not convinced
Potter - don’t have the players for his style
T Frank - wouldn’t come to our basket case
Baines - lacks experience
Kompany - suicide
Matarazzo - who?
Valverde - YES
Galtier - wanted him to replace Ancelotti
Bielsa - Not a long term solution