Votes: 31 5.8%
  • Pellegrino Matarazzo

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Ernesto Valverde

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Cheese on scotch egg

Votes: 144 26.8%

• Total voters
Whoever comes in is going to face the same bleak situation where he’s hamstrung by finances and a sell to survive mentality.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we end up looking like Allardyce’s early 2000s Bolton with a brisk trade in loanees and final paycheck retirees.

My biggest issue with dyche is that he has had barely any injury issues all season. Yet he has managed to only pick up one win in the last 15 and we are now back in a relegation battle. He points to the deducted points situation but given how poor the teams are at the bottom that starts to become a non issue for me. Winning 1 in 15 is awful and surely a tight nit team with players suited to his style should be doing better. The only explanation is that his ego has lost the dressing room.

Lots of managers only have a plan A for a start in fact some of them will brag about that and say plan B is just to do plan A better and they won't change that. Pretty much every manager in the world has favourites and it makes sense that they do as well because they value certain things and those players have them. Every manager values running in the modern game. Most managers will pick proven quality ahead of risking a young player UNLESS that young player is seen as a future superstar. When things are going bad at even the top clubs you will hear those same criticisms of the manager from fans exactly because they are so basic.
Exactly and they're that basic because decent managers do them and have those qualities.

Next manager needs to be a manager on an upward trend. We seem to have a habit of hiring managers who failed in their previous role. We need an energetic manager who really can take everton up a level and has the belief to do so. Someone like kieron mckenna or Steven Schumacher would fit the bill nicely. I would even give it to baines until the end of the season but I'm not sure baines quite has the right character for what we need.
You seriously think Schumacher is on an upward trajectory? lol

Stoke fans can't wait to see the back of him

Stop appointing managers who are sticking plasters for the short term. The whole "once he gets us to the new stadium we can get someone else in and we'll be alright" is nonsense. Dyche, lampard, benitez and to some extent ancelotti were never going to give us 4 or 5 years of stability and growth.
Don't be daft Everton doesn't do strategy

Corberan is the new hipsters choice but he appears somewhat over rated in these circles.

He's won nothing other than an EFL manager of the month award, he's failed to get any of his championship sides promoted.

@Saint Domingo what do you think on Corberan sir ?

Managerial discussions are irrelevant until the takeover/finance issues are sorted. No decent manager will touch us when they know they could have multiple points deductions coming their way, administration , and have their best players sold.

Managerial discussions are irrelevant until the takeover/finance issues are sorted. No decent manager will touch us when they know they could have multiple points deductions coming their way, administration , and have their best players sold.

This is the correct answer.

We could go down the Shearer/Newcastle route and appoint a former player to relegate us.

For me, it shows how anchored in the past he is.

Like he's not met anyone in the last 30 years that has challenged his views on football.
I've been saying this for a while too.

The best managers change there assistants as they want to hear new/different opinions to change it up!
Sometimes its because they get other jobs, sometimes its what i've said above.
Guardiola/Klopp/Ferguson have all had different guys sat next to them over there tenures!
All you hear in most 'Woany & the gaffer' interviews is about how they did things at Burnley!
We aren't Burnley.

Eddie Howe........for all is faults spent his time out of the game going to watch Simeone training sessions etc to pick up other ways of working.....and you can see it in the way Newcastle play! I wonder what these 2 did in there time out the game!

'