Votes: 39 5.3%
  • Pellegrino Matarazzo

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • Ernesto Valverde

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Cheese on scotch egg

Votes: 208 28.3%

• Total voters
You never know with the idiot Moshiri, but I fully agree with the circling the drain bit.
The sport is different now but only at the top. At the bottom football is cyclical and things repeat, I look at the history of awful teams poisoning the league and getting to the point where every signing is terrible because the clubs so cooked they can’t put anybody in a position to succeed and just see it as a foregone conclusion.

God knows if Moshiri even has any interest any more, I can see him disappearing/getting jailed for something after all of this because something is very very dodgy with him

I don’t think Everton even have that going for them these days. They’re circling the drain and they’ll go down eventually like the Southamptons, Sunderland’s, Burnley’s who were in the same position before them. They deserve it too
I don't think this is the case.
I think in the last couple of seasons that we have tidied up the squad enormously. We have seen Maupay, Holgate, Gomes all leave in this window and probably will not be back, Dele is no longer on the payroll either, that may or may not change. The payroll situation has improved in the last few seasons as well.

We do have players that are valuable and unfortunately we will probably lose a couple next summer but at least the fees should be large.

We do have some promising academy youngsters pushing for inclusion in the first team in Dixon, Armstrong and Mills when he gets fit.

We do seem to have been good in the transfer market with the signings of Iroegbunam, Ndiaye , O Brien.
We have options on Broja and Lindstrom if we choose to exercise them.

We have the new stadium coming on stream and already we have seen commercial deals starting to flow from that.

We are certainly not out of the woods and I don't want to pretend we are however, there certainly are signs that our future may be brighter than our recent past.

If he gets England then no chance (at least in the short term). Think the club, especially Thelwell, need to look at other up-and-coming young managers whether here or abroad.

He is up and coming though. Done more and won more than that biff at Brighton.

He won't get the England job cos he's not a name

I don't think this is the case.
I think in the last couple of seasons that we have tidied up the squad enormously. We have seen Maupay, Holgate, Gomes all leave in this window and probably will not be back, Dele is no longer on the payroll either, that may or may not change. The payroll situation has improved in the last few seasons as well.

We do have players that are valuable and unfortunately we will probably lose a couple next summer but at least the fees should be large.

We do have some promising academy youngsters pushing for inclusion in the first team in Dixon, Armstrong and Mills when he gets fit.

We do seem to have been good in the transfer market with the signings of Iroegbunam, Ndiaye , O Brien.
We have options on Broja and Lindstrom if we choose to exercise them.

We have the new stadium coming on stream and already we have seen commercial deals starting to flow from that.

We are certainly not out of the woods and I don't want to pretend we are however, there certainly are signs that our future may be brighter than our recent past.

I don't like Nuno's play style a lot, but can't say he did a bad job at Wolves and seems slowely to build up something in Forest as well, didn't fit Spurs, maybe like Moyes at Manchester this ceeling was too high. Wasn't the the worst choice of Kev.

I trust Kev to build a good team long-term he did pretty good with the 2nd lowest investments of any permanent 1st league teams with the highest net profit in the same time. Also now to pick a pretty good manager that will help Everton to push up in the next few seasons, given still dire finances in the first years in the new stadium.

He proved at Wolves to have a good eye for talents like Jota, Nunes or Neto that were sold for a good profit, Onana was his first here. Something he even could have improved during his time at Red Bull.

He is up and coming though. Done more and won more than that biff at Brighton.

He won't get the England job cos he's not a name
I think the suits like the fact he is following in Southgates footsteps, except he will be better. Saves them the hassle of looking at the managers job market and possibly paying compo for a replacement.

1) That tweet even states that the source is The Scum, so that should be an immediate ban for you.
2) The article on The Scum is written by prime scumbag Alan Nixon.
3) The actual first reference to "Abel Ferreira Textor Everton" on Twitter comes from that well renowned source of 'Ross.Aftbl' which is blacklisted on here.

So that's 3 bans right there.
So not from a Chico multi then?

I think the suits like the fact he is following in Southgates footsteps, except he will be better. Saves them the hassle of looking at the managers job market and possibly paying compo for a replacement.

I'd like if he did get it. Just think they'll be set on Potter.

But Carsley will be going places IMO.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back