Our rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.
City will always win games when Aguero is fit. Best player in the league by an absolute mile when he is on it. Unfortunately for them he normally misses at least 2 months a year as he suffers 'Geri-itis' aka having hamstrings made of pepperami.

Utd do look good and with the money they have spent should win the league but just think Pep may pip them.

Chelsea - too reliant on Hazard to have a good day.

Arsenal - despite buying all the attacking midfielders in the world seem to be struggling.

Liverpool - buy any attacking mids arsenal dont - squad is imbalanced with no wingers.

Spurs - just hate them for no real reason, hope Eriksen doesnt sign a new deal with them and we can pinch him. Delle Ali is not the second coming and Harry Kane has the face of the mask of Scream.

Leicester - top ten but wont trouble the top of the league this time round with the added games that Champs league will bring and last season being a massive one off.

West Ham - heads will fall off when someone dares to tackle Payet and they dont win a game while he is out injured.

Us - look pretty solid so far, some good signs against West Brom with some really nice 1 touch stuff for the Lukaku chance and Mirallas goal. Holgate looks a player, so does the limpet drone that is Idrissa Gueye and Gaz Baz doesn't look like he wants to be put out to pasture any time soon. Plus after 2 games we are in top four form with four points from six. We have nothing to fear from anyone in this league. 5/6 this year, champs league next year and then a tilt at the title going into the season 2020-21 moving into our new home on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey as defending premier league champions.

City will always win games when Aguero is fit. Best player in the league by an absolute mile when he is on it. Unfortunately for them he normally misses at least 2 months a year as he suffers 'Geri-itis' aka having hamstrings made of pepperami.

Utd do look good and with the money they have spent should win the league but just think Pep may pip them.

Chelsea - too reliant on Hazard to have a good day.

Arsenal - despite buying all the attacking midfielders in the world seem to be struggling.

Liverpool - buy any attacking mids arsenal dont - squad is imbalanced with no wingers.

Spurs - just hate them for no real reason, hope Eriksen doesnt sign a new deal with them and we can pinch him. Delle Ali is not the second coming and Harry Kane has the face of the mask of Scream.

Leicester - top ten but wont trouble the top of the league this time round with the added games that Champs league will bring and last season being a massive one off.

West Ham - heads will fall off when someone dares to tackle Payet and they dont win a game while he is out injured.

Us - look pretty solid so far, some good signs against West Brom with some really nice 1 touch stuff for the Lukaku chance and Mirallas goal. Holgate looks a player, so does the limpet drone that is Idrissa Gueye and Gaz Baz doesn't look like he wants to be put out to pasture any time soon. Plus after 2 games we are in top four form with four points from six. We have nothing to fear from anyone in this league. 5/6 this year, champs league next year and then a tilt at the title going into the season 2020-21 moving into our new home on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey as defending premier league champions.

Should be more fun playing the hammers under koeman as kev can get a look in and he always has a worldie against them

At this moment in time I don't know who our immediate rivals are. We are not the team of Martinez but I don't know how good will become. Having drawn against Spurs I can see teams like them Arsenal being our immediate challengers.

I honestly think a top 4 finish is optimistic (we should of course be aiming to do this) because I believe that Koeman will need some time to get rid of El fraudo's mess of the last 2 years and get the team playing the way he wants. Not worried about who our rivals may or may not be - after last year anything can happen!! Suspect Man U will be champions.

Original post reads like you have dropped your keyboard, and then a cat was sick on it.

Are we good enough for the top 4? Not at present.

Cant wait till they get turned over and turn on klopp, the plays and above all each other
Rawk was a goldmine after the burnley game

Annd its begun already

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160822-121529.png
    Screenshot_20160822-121529.png
    119.7 KB · Views: 58
I always instrinctively look to Spurs and L'Pool as our closest rivals, though yes, every side is competition.

Spurs are over-rated I think albeit based on a very fine season last year and as for the other lot - I always assume they'll do better than expected.

The Manchester clubs are out of our reach. I think Conte is a fantastic appointment for Chelsea also as much as I have grown to dislike everything about that club, and increasingly so, for the last few years. So that's 3 sides I don't see us competing with.

Arsenal are in turmoil again and it may take them crashing out of the Top 4 for Wenger to depart. They always come on strong though and I would still expect them to finish above us, with a bit to spare.

Despite my earlier comments, I also think it's asking a lot for us to finish above Spurs, wherever that may be in the league, how close we are to them will be a good barometer for any improvement/progress we make this season.

If we can make the signings we are mooted to make and add a striker, we might win the Kings of Merseyside trophy as I honestly don't see their squad as all that - but I say this most years. We badly need to win a few derbies under Koeman, let's just see where we are in relation to them by the end of March.

Leicester - just not sure about them but with their CL distraction I think it's feasible to finish above them.

I also expect to finish above the likes of West Ham and Southampton, annoying little irritant clubs who need, as our dear neighbours might say, to be "put in their place" this year.

So that's 7th and breaking our duck in the League Cup and I'll be happy this year.

For me our immediate rivals are teams like West Ham, Spurs, Liverpool. Arsenal at a push if we do well. The teams in the tier above that are beyond us currently, unless we do a Leicester (very unlikely). I'd really hope we can push on above teams like Stoke et al and not have to consider them direct rivals.

Early days though, and the league always throws up a few surprises.

It's back to normal
Chelsea, man u and city with 3 wins out of 3.

Read articles talking about closing the gap with the top clubs as we all have moeny now but it's seems that these three have world class managers that will make the difference and everyone will be fighting for 4th place. Maybe chelsea might struggle as well but the two Manchester clubs are going to run away with it

Status
Not open for further replies.