Out of contract players summer 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry

Player Valuation: £35m
I have got this list of a web site so please correct me if i am wrong.

Distan,Neville,Duffy,Drenthe,Cahill,Strac,Mcfadden and McAleny. also some youth and fringe players.

Who would you keep and who would you let go. Try not to go with your heart.

Is there any way of finding out which players from clubs in the top 2 divisions in Europe have contracts expiring in the Summer??

If so somebody point me in the right direction and I'll hand deliver it to Moyes!

In terms of the list above, Distin, Neville, Cahill, I would offer 1 or 2 year deals. I'd try and sign (funds dependant) Drenthe and Straq. Alos, try and tie down Duffy for 4 years and send him out on loan for 6 months again, I think that's done him a world of good, But that'd be all.... the rest can go.

Is Howard's contract not ending this summer too?
Drenthe is under contract at Real Madrid, I reckon Strac would love to stay but we have to see how he is the rest of the season.

Pienaar and Drenthe will deffo be gone at the end, along with Landon. Talk of Neville going back to Man Utd coaching, I reckon Moyes will give him another 12months. Cahill will play for Everton even if he dosent have a contract.

Is Howard's contract not ending this summer too?
Drenthe is under contract at Real Madrid, I reckon Strac would love to stay but we have to see how he is the rest of the season.

Pienaar and Drenthe will deffo be gone at the end, along with Landon.

We took over the remainder of Drenthe's contract, so he's clubless at the end of season

Sign him up FFS!

I cba with Neville, he can go to United or the moon or wherever he wants, I really don't care.

We should renew Distin, Duffy and Cahill's contracts, as well as sign Drenthe permanently, as his runs out in 5 months. Depending on money - I'd be happy if we could sign Stracq.

Distin, Drenthe and maybe Cahill on a rolling 12 month deal, sign the Count if he keeps his form up, [Poor language removed] Neville and Mcfadden off, long term deals for Duffy and McAleny.

Oh, and spend the Rodwell money on that Frankie Fielding laddie for nets.

Anyone on big money that hasn't performed will go, it's gonna be reducing the wage bill and getting rid of someone instead of being sentimental and letting them stay will be the order of the day.

Take Cahill as an example, he was given his contract based on the way he was performing (plus rises with this 'highest paid' thing prob), now as much as I love Tim for all he has done previously he hasn't produced that over the last year and any deal he is offered will reflect that, meaning that if he wishes to stay then he'll have to take a drop in wages to a value that reflects how he is playing.

There's no point paying someone £70k per week if you can get the same productivity from someone on £15k, just like in any other enviroment (~factory/office etc), which was exactly the case with Saha.... all that wedge and a freebie from the argie league, plus a teenager plucked from the greek 3rd div. have both done more this season, prob on a combined wage of about 15k, saving quite a bit on the wage bill.
There are a lot of very average players on unbelievable amounts of money throughout the Prem, and players that are just as good that are available for far less, which is were scouting the leagues globally (youtube and f.m. prob) pays off.

All of them bar Mcfadden. Duffy and McAleny are great prospects (Duffy more so at this point), Distin and Cahill speak for themselves, Neville as squad fodder, Straq (assuming he wouldn't cost the earth if we decide to buy?) if he keeps up his recent form of last couple of games and Drenthe, despite his erratic form, is too good a player to miss out on a free.

All of them bar Mcfadden. Duffy and McAleny are great prospects (Duffy more so at this point), Distin and Cahill speak for themselves, Neville as squad fodder, Straq (assuming he wouldn't cost the earth if we decide to buy?) if he keeps up his recent form of last couple of games and Drenthe, despite his erratic form, is too good a player to miss out on a free.

This could be an expensive squad fodder, he will also be 36 next Jan (i think).

True but I was thinking only if the right contract (i.e much lower wages) was agreed. If Nev still wants top(ish) dollar then obviously get shut. As Reidy's already said, the same with Cahill as well.

True but I was thinking only if the right contract (i.e much lower wages) was agreed. If Nev still wants top(ish) dollar then obviously get shut. As Reidy's already said, the same with Cahill as well.

Cahill will play for Everton even if he dosent have a contract

^^ This. I'd take Cahill as probably one of the only people playing in the prem where loyalty is more important than how much money is going in his pocket.

I have got this list of a web site so please correct me if i am wrong.

Distan,Neville,Duffy,Drenthe,Cahill,Strac,Mcfadden and McAleny. also some youth and fringe players.

Who would you keep and who would you let go. Try not to go with your heart.

Neville signed a new 2 year contract in the summer

Cahill is contracted until 2014 whilst Duffy and McAleny are future stars, ask at the academy and they will rave about Conor. Distin should stay but doubt Moyes will risk a 2 year deal he wants just depends how settled he is here. Cant see Drenthe or Straq returning next season

Status
Not open for further replies.