Out of Contract Players - Summer 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The handsomeness of our squad will plummet drastically if this happens. Nobody else can hold a candle to Bry.

This is a good point. For all his faults, Alcaraz was quite handsome. Not to mention Velios now being gone, he left a hole in handsomeness as big as the one he left in Lauren Moyes.

Oviedo has baines, galloway and garbutt ahead of him who are all better options

Gibson, as much as i like him as a footballer has mccarthy, barry, cleverley and besic in front of him plus ledson, walsh and davies all looking to come through in the next couple of years

Id imagine hibbo and pienaar will retire at the end of there contracts

For some reason i dont see ossie ready to retire yet, but would he go elsewere

Personally i dont think we need any of them, id like to rely on the kids for squad strength and use there wages on a goslkeeper and back up striker

Next season we'll have to register Stones, Browning, Deulofeu and Pennington in the 25 man squad we've already got 24 over 21s so some of these players will have to leave to make space. Hibbert, Pienaar and Osman to retire that leaves potentially Gibson and Oviedo as possibilities to offer new contracts but a lot must depend on how fit they stay between now and the end of the season.

I disagree. We look like we've got enough depth right now, but if we're to play European football next season that could be around 15 extra games. We need numbers.

big "if" .. highly doubtful in reality.

I still maintain that we should put a lot more trust and faith in the youngsters, they offer so much more than those "out-of-contract" players most of whom are spent forces / offered very little for the past 2 seasons.

... and let's not readily dismiss the commercial element of wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.