Pat Nevin´s book

Status
Not open for further replies.

argietoffee

Player Valuation: £20m
Got a pressie of it for Christmas. God, it aint particularly complementary to the rump stars of the 80s glory team nor to Howard Kendall.

Pat comes across well apart from the embarrassing "I am trying to impress Morrisey" rubbish.

Any ideas where / when / what happened on the preseason tour to North West Ireland when the players just made a run for it to Dublin?

Never heard that one.

Can I ask what you went from and to. Just being nosey mate
Currently work in engineering, but I've taken up environmental studies with the open university and really enjoying the course.

I did consider writing clickbait articles but quickly realised I was too dull!

Always felt a little bit of an affinity to Pat as a fellow 'weirdo' so reading him write passionately about education and being honest with yourself went a long way. I'm not normally one for sports biographies but when are true autobiographies I'm much more intrigued.

Currently work in engineering, but I've taken up environmental studies with the open university and really enjoying the course.

I did consider writing clickbait articles but quickly realised I was too dull!

Always felt a little bit of an affinity to Pat as a fellow 'weirdo' so reading him write passionately about education and being honest with yourself went a long way. I'm not normally one for sports biographies but when are true autobiographies I'm much more intrigued.
I always consider clickbait articles to almost be dishonest. I'd love to do something like you're doing. Pat always comes across well on the tranny. Unlike other players who constantly talk about themselves. Like Don Hutchison

Not read his book. But my mate plays in a band and nevin came to see him play. Literally a pub gig. About a year before all the covid. Really into supporting local bands. Top fella nevin. No airs or graces about him.
That scoop over jim leighton was worth his transfer.

I thought the book was a really good read. He’s also an excellent reader of the game. It makes you wonder why he isn’t on MOTD instead of dingbats like Shearer who probably doesn’t even go to games.

Bought as Trevor Stevens replacement and couldnt lace his boots, probably one of the weakest players both mentally and physically to pull on a Blue shirt.
I have no interest on what this failure has got to say about the 80s team.
A bit like Cottee, another waste of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.