Pat Nevin on 5 Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if new ownership wanted Moyes out. This says nothing about Moyes ability. Just that new ownership usually likes to have "their" guy in charge. Someone who they made king. Someone who knows knows where his bread is buttered. Someone who they can control. The incumbent is usually not this guy.

He has some good lines though...When Hughes signed Joleon and claimed to have captured 'possibly the best centre back in the Premiership' Nevin commented that he wasn't even the best centre back at Everton

I woul worry about being taken over by any one who would know as little about football to want to get rid of David Moyes.

Very much this.

Not what I've heard anyway but it wouldn't surprise me if its a bit of Alistair Campbell like spin from Kenwright's regime right now.

(n)

[video=youtube;C0u4lTUl39I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0u4lTUl39I[/video]

should've done this..
[video=youtube;qlvHjfrBS1Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlvHjfrBS1Q&feature=related[/video]

although he can feck up too...
[video=youtube;J6LqnUlYgmw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6LqnUlYgmw&feature=related[/video]

It's tripe. Propaganda put out by a board of directors and their hired help inside and outside the club to discredit a takeover.

If they put half the effort involved in their spin campaigns into making the club work as a business we'd be in halfways decent shape. They're a curse on EFC and and will bring the orgainsation much lower than it is at present.

nearly every poster on GOT screams for investment and Kenwright out, but then when it gets mentioned everyone reckons its cods-wallop and dis-misses any notion of a take over................. i`m confused.................. we will be bought out and this summer is the time, get used to it. i just hope the new investors hold Everton to their hearts as much as Bill because like him or not - he is an EVERTONIAN.

nearly every poster on GOT screams for investment and Kenwright out, but then when it gets mentioned everyone reckons its cods-wallop and dis-misses any notion of a take over................. i`m confused.................. we will be bought out and this summer is the time, get used to it. i just hope the new investors hold Everton to their hearts as much as Bill because like him or not - he is an EVERTONIAN.

like you, i used to say that, then we had;
kings dock
fsf
oh **** it ,i get so depressed thinking of all the lies from this "evertonian" and the thought of kirkby still brings me out in a cold horrible sweat, beieve what you want , but the sooner the reign of this charlatan is over the better.

Nevin has just said, along the lines of, "everyone I speak to in Liverpool say that new buyers are being lined up. A deal is imminent, due diligence is being done, the only sticking point is that the new owners dont want David Moyes"

Thoughts welcome from those of you closer to home, as it were. Nevin is one of the more thoughtful commentators on the game, and not prone to headline grabbing nonsense, or is a really old story that has not penetrated outside of Liverpool?

Its a New One on me , but I may be more informed after today ...

Carry On ,..

100% BS from Pat. If new owners wanted Moyees out they'd just buy the club and get him out - ideally by "mutual agreement" or just by sacking him. Ain't wee Pat heard of Mark Hughes, Big Sam, Woy, Zola, or Rannierri at ...and there will be literally dozens more instances like this. Were I Moyes this would make me anxious, but I agree with others - Moyes is one of our clubs best assets - any new owner would be daft to get rid of Moyees without at least giving him a decent chance under them

The only remotely credible interpretation? ( other than Pat knows he needs to say something on the airwaves - other than Braga being "terrified" of Andy Carol - if he wants to be asked back ). He has deliberately been fed this BS by some pro Kenwright plant and swallowed it hook line and sinker. Why? - to give us the impression the main reason old Bill aint selling is because new owners wont guarantee him that his pall Davy will keep his job for say the next two season. But once Bill has gone. Bill cant guarantee anything. Once your out you are nada - that's life, the price to pay for that big profit you are going to walk away with. Probably why egotist Bill dont really want to sell whatever he is saying publicly and his spinners are feeding to dopes like Nevin to repeat on the BBC. But the BBC also makes Eastenders

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back