Votes: 15 10.4%

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • 7+

Votes: 14 9.7%

Votes: 15 10.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf to var, they overuled to give our first goal v west brom which was correct. The ref gave the pen yesterday after var consultancy.
I still don't believe they're adhering to the clear and obvious rule though, it's basically refereeing the game. Pundits and fans are still spending way too much time discussing VAR so it isn't working.

Think that could be our last one now, :coffee:, the way Hodgson is whinging about it, spotlight on Sky about our "dodgy" pen. Funny didn't hear Hodgson mentioning anything about pens last week, can't really blame him for moaning, but he should be consistent. Never this fuss when the big four get them, unless it's against them of course.

Been a shocking start to the season from the officials and VAR, not helped by rules that are just not clear.

palace got one last week and were on the end of one this week, thats' already way too many mistakes and too frequent. Man I hate VAR and all the rule changes coming in because of it.

It wasn't a mistake though was it? Dems the rules. The whole point is to take away the ambiguity and random decisions (think Alli against us) by saying if the ball hits your arm/hand and they are not right by your side then it's a pen.

Those are absurd of course, because it should be deliberate arm/hand to ball movement or in a totally unnatural position (see the Alli example again).

It wasn't a mistake though was it? Dems the rules. The whole point is to take away the ambiguity and random decisions (think Alli against us) by saying if the ball hits your arm/hand and they are not right by your side then it's a pen.

Those are absurd of course, because it should be deliberate arm/hand to ball movement or in a totally unnatural position (see the Alli example again).
Actually I've worded that wrong haven't I, thanks for pointing that out. I agree with the rest. Should be if you handle the ball not if the ball hits you from2 yards away though.

They are the rules, and they're wrong. I get what they're trying to do, but it's just not something that sits right with me.

Glad we profited out of it, but when that happens against us at the tin shed in the 95th min to prevent us from winning there since god knows when we will all be fuming, and rightly so in my eyes.

Anyone who's played football instinctively knows they're wrong (I can see you agree with this, but I needed to vent lol).

Think that could be our last one now, :coffee:, the way Hodgson is whinging about it, spotlight on Sky about our "dodgy" pen. Funny didn't hear Hodgson mentioning anything about pens last week, can't really blame him for moaning, but he should be consistent. Never this fuss when the big four get them, unless it's against them of course.
Funny pundits saying it wasn't deliberate 99,% of the penalties given for handball are not deliberate, but we get one that goes our way and all hell breaks out

I thought he did refer to last weeks penalties in his post match interview on Amazon.

He did say something about last weeks one. Pretty much the same comments but less angry as it didn't go against him that time.

Funny pundits saying it wasn't deliberate 99,% of the penalties given for handball are not deliberate, but we get one that goes our way and all hell breaks out

I remember Wenger, whinging about Andy Johnson diving antics, of course Andy was then playing for Everton, and after scoring, I think 8 or 9 the previous season, Andy's penalties soon dried up.
Funny thing is you watch Salah / Mane diving every week, in apparent agony and they don't just get the pens/ free kicks, they get the nod by co commentators that, it hit his arm, definite contact, Man United the same.

I remember Wenger, whinging about Andy Johnson diving antics, of course Andy was then playing for Everton, and after scoring, I think 8 or 9 the previous season, Andy's penalties soon dried up.
Funny thing is you watch Salah / Mane diving every week, in apparent agony and they don't just get the pens/ free kicks, they get the nod by co commentators that, it hit his arm, definite contact, Man United the same.
Definitely and listening to carragher about Richy going down to easy but says nothing about mane and salah

I still don't believe they're adhering to the clear and obvious rule though, it's basically refereeing the game. Pundits and fans are still spending way too much time discussing VAR so it isn't working.

Agreed, it's a bit weird how var spent a while looking at the pen only for the ref to go to the pitchside monitor and check himself. I agree with it in that it should be down to the ref not var, but surely var only needed two looks at it and then say "it's a possible pen, you'll want to have another look at it."

Same with the goal v wba, it required two replays to see that was a goal. In cricket they can zoom right in and see contact with a tiny ball, surely football can afford cutting edge technology like that if it can use something similar for goal line tech.

The issue with var is its just one bad ref still making a poor decision.

I went with 7+

The way we are attacking these days will more action in the opposition box.

One already...and it might even have been two.

But Richy la’....sort that run up out.

My ol’ ticker won’t take it :(

Everyone is going to get loads of handball penalties this year unless they surgically remove their defenders arms. The new rule is stupid, our penalty yesterday wasn't a penalty and the Newcastle penalty today is absurd a decision as I have ever seen.
I was all for VAR but it is ruining football, particularly in combination with this ludicrous new interpretation of what constitutes handball.

Status
Not open for further replies.