Phil Neville "I've never had a problem with Mark Clattenburg"

Status
Not open for further replies.
in all seriousness, something needs to be done here. Neville must be supporting Clattenberg in terms of his general "behaviour", because obviously we have a big issue with what happened in the "clattenberg derby". But that aside, clattenberg's livelihood is on the line here. Regardless of what happened in the derby years ago, if he has done nothing wrong (and he probably hasn't) then it needs to be brought to a swift conclusion. Referees are not paid millions and he has a family to support. If these allegations are proved false (and not just dropped because of not enough evidence) then I hope clattenberg sues chelsea for as much as he can get

you could argue that Nev would surely realise evertonians have a big problem with clattenburg, but at the same time hes hardly gonna say 'that clattenburg had a stinker against us, yeah, hes defo a racist'.

in all seriousness, something needs to be done here. Neville must be supporting Clattenberg in terms of his general "behaviour", because obviously we have a big issue with what happened in the "clattenberg derby". But that aside, clattenberg's livelihood is on the line here. Regardless of what happened in the derby years ago, if he has done nothing wrong (and he probably hasn't) then it needs to be brought to a swift conclusion. Referees are not paid millions and he has a family to support. If these allegations are proved false (and not just dropped because of not enough evidence) then I hope clattenberg sues chelsea for as much as he can get

Clattenburg is a dodgy f***er, end of. Have absolutely zero sympathy for him getting his comeuppance one way or another.

I've heard all he said was: "I don't give a monkeys"

Dont know if its true or not, but if he's getting accused over this then Chelsea are bigger mongs than I thought

If there is one thing that is true about Neville, its that he is a politician moonlighting as a footballer. He is expert at speaking politically correct. I am sure he says this just to get in good with the referees union and earn some good will. Let's the referees know that Everton is on their side - that sort of things. Neville is just astutely taking advantage of an opening and scoring some points that may help us.

even if Clattenburg is not/was not the best of referees, it doesn't make him a racist does it? His career might be at stake, because of a player mishearing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate Clattenburg but he obviously didnt use a racial term. Its so obvious I want to cry. This whole racism thing has gotten out of hand big time. Are black players going to start claiming stuff against referee's if things dont go their way in the match? Because the way it's looking they are getting an audience. A player who hardly speaks any English has gone 'Yep he defo called him a monkey'.

What Englishman would ever use that term for a black person in an actual sentence anyway? It's such a European thing to say. I could believe the N word or 'you black whatever' but not that. Not saying that the latter two are any better (one is actually worse), just making the point that it's not really English terminology.

He's quite blatently said 'I couldnt give a monkey's' and it's a disgrace that Chelsea have done this so publicly.

This sets a very very dangerous precedent.

unfortunately i have seen enough of mr Clattenburg to lose complete faith in his objectivity to put it politely - he should realize his job is on the line - therefore he should either improve very quickly or rather become a traffic cop or something else - because refs like him gives others and the game a bad name - no sympathy - my main pain with him is that he does not make "mistakes " both ways like a real bad ref would - his errors in judgement more often than not seems to favour only one of the teams .... big problem = no sympathy

Status
Not open for further replies.