Philip "Tugboat" Neville

Status
Not open for further replies.
]he does a good job, came through the ranks, plays his heart out, doesnt give much away and his wages dont kill us. have we got 8mil for a replacement who would guarantee his consistency? nope, thought not. carry on[/ 8 mill .youve got a kid called barkley , who is streets ahead of him ,oh and by the way trying to take the ball off barkley ,is not like taking it off your 6 year old son in the back garden as it is like osman .ps wages dont kill ,osman has made millions as has another hero of yours hibbert out of everton. zed you have gone the game as long as me mate ,how the fuk have they both played for us for 10 years plus .Oh i forgot D M
,/.
hold `em a sec foxy. i try to keep off hibberts back- jeez, i`m negative enough without that monkey. but you are right i like ozzie, always have done but as for moyles not playing barkley??????????? ffs- its pickled my head figuring it out. just moyes is moyes. you got a hard-on for osman at the moment, fair dooz

That was the best I've seen Neville play in a long time today. I'm not his biggest fan, I think he can be infuriating to watch sometimes, but credit where credit is due, he did have a decent game today. Thought his little bits of skill today where great, hillarious, but still great. I'd of fumed if his little back heel to Hibbert had resulted in loosing possession. But if that was Pienaar or Felli doing a cheeky back heel like that, they'd of got a standing ovation, instead Neville got laughed at. Perhaps, Neville deserves more respect than he sometimes gets off our fans.

I like Neville as a person, he's passionate, he's a good leader and he understands football. Plus, he's got a lot of experience. But he is getting old now, and is very limited, to the point were he isn't gonna be useful for much longer. I think Hibbert is a better RB and I think we have better midfield options than him. However, you look where he has been asked to play and the job he has done and its obvious that he is a useful squad player to us. For me though, the captaincy has to move on next season. We can't have our captain being a player who doesn't always make it into the starting 11. If that happens, then I'd be happy to have him as a squad player for 1 or 2 more seasons.

The best thing Neville can do is strangle himself with them ****ing white boots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back