Pints

A Pint is

• Too big

• Too small

• Just about right

• I prefer my gravy in boats

• I only drink from the skulls of my enemies

• I don’t care that my whisky is served in.

• What could be more British than a pint?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tbh I resent the nonic pint glass replacing the dimpled mug or tankard as the standard. A pint of ale drunk from a dimpled mug glass is much more satisfying than the crappy nonic pint glass.
Always used to have my own Everton handled tankard in my local when I was younger…. No better feeling than walking in and the bar staff are already pulling your pint before you get to the bar and placing your personal glass on the bar.

I prefer the larger size in the UK, it's the standard Canada is supposed to use.

You guarantee consistency. Over here you get places trying to pull a fast one and under-serving you in 18 or even 16 oz glasses because they think they can get away with it.

shopping
Arl!

In the USA a standard unit of alcohol (i.e., one drink) is 12 ounces of beer at 5% alcohol by volume. Does the standard measurement differ in the UK or is the writer saying that one beer should be one beer?

I prefer a pint because it allows me to pretend that I’ve only had three beers when in fact I’ve had four, and I worry that being a drunkard would be more difficult if I weren’t able to deceive myself.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back