Votes: 132 40.9%
  • MCGeady

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Gar tut

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'l give Rom my vote if he can get to the 20 goal mark, gauntlet well and truly thrown down to the big lad there, plenty to play for.

There is still eight games to be played. If Martinez can come to the realisation that picking his pals neither wins games nor respect and leaves the team spirit dilapidated. Minus Howard & Barry, with Robles where he belongs as first choice keeper, Stones coming strong, Jags back. To see Besic and McCarthy working together would hopefully give the four players who badly need just one thing- their confidence back, Baines and Coleman + Everton's two most skilful ball players Barkley and the much maligned McGeady, running amok against Southampton, Swansea, Burnley, then bring on the Manure. With no trophies to win (only supporters to win over), and with his new found energy Lukaku scoring for fun. Picking the player of the year could be much more enjoyable towards the end of next month. maybe even Mirallas will realise that he wont get a better team to play for than a fully functioning EVERTON FC. today my choices were Stones & McCarthy tomorrow my choices will probably be Buckfast tonic wine & super lager

If Jagielka doesn't win this, I'm calling you all Kopites.

Look at the crap he's had around him. He has had to the the job of dual centrebacks, leftback and goalkeeper this season. He has been nothing short of superb.

Without him we'd be 20th.

There are no stand out candidates though. You mention Lukaku but he's scored 7 league goals aside from his pen, he also scored an own goal and gave possession away so badly twice that he was directly responsible for 2 other goals we conceded. (He's done very well in other competitions though to be fair).

If you were to give players a mark out of 10 for every performance then Besic would probably have one of the highest averages.
If we're doing it off averages i'd say Osman or Joel is our player of the season then...

But the clue is SEASON. If McGeady played once and scored 5 goals would you say it's a successful season? Of course not. The same goes for Besic, he has hardly had a sniff, it's what people moan about weekly when Barry gets picked. So to even begin to believe he should be player of the season is mental!

Lukaku has done alot wrong, i agree. But he's also been one of the few positives of a very bad season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back