Players Out on Loan 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does Simms have to do to get recognized? And I’m speaking broadly.

His record has always been very good.. no matter what level or which team. In youth he couldn’t stop scoring but never got real England youth recognition. Then as he approached the right age he never got Everton first team recognition.. what he has been given is far from a real chance given if we honest.

He’s 21, not in the first team squad and without an England youth record… by my checklist he will never make it.. but it boggles me why? His record is superb and he has done all that could be expected of him. Plus he has size on his side … someone help me ? What more could he have done?
I’ll try to answer some parts. When he arrived with us Simms was big , clumsy , poor ball control , powerful shot that was about it. They worked hard with him and in his 2nd season it payed off and he scored all those goals, many were decent strikes, equally many were earned by brushing aside smaller , weaker defenders. The best England youth prospects in that year were already playing at u23 , Simms was still playing u18 , he did get selected for an England squad but never got to start, I can’t remember the reason.

So no he doesn’t tick the boxes of England youth, playing up an age, playing with the first team. And for me his biggest weakness is his heading and aerial ability, it is so weak and almost nonexistent for someone his size. I don’t ever recall him scoring a headed goal or battering defenders in the air. His biggest asset is that he’s seemingly got ” muscle memory” in his legs , if he gets in a goal scoring position he just does the same thing again and scores . He’s still a work in progress, and continues to develop , I really think that “ sometime in the future” he’s going to put it all together in a season and blast in 20 plus goals and earn a big money transfer ……whether that’s with us in the PL is something I’m less sure of !

I’ll try to answer some parts. When he arrived with us Simms was big , clumsy , poor ball control , powerful shot that was about it. They worked hard with him and in his 2nd season it payed off and he scored all those goals, many were decent strikes, equally many were earned by brushing aside smaller , weaker defenders. The best England youth prospects in that year were already playing at u23 , Simms was still playing u18 , he did get selected for an England squad but never got to start, I can’t remember the reason.

So no he doesn’t tick the boxes of England youth, playing up an age, playing with the first team. And for me his biggest weakness is his heading and aerial ability, it is so weak and almost nonexistent for someone his size. I don’t ever recall him scoring a headed goal or battering defenders in the air. His biggest asset is that he’s seemingly got ” muscle memory” in his legs , if he gets in a goal scoring position he just does the same thing again and scores . He’s still a work in progress, and continues to develop , I really think that “ sometime in the future” he’s going to put it all together in a season and blast in 20 plus goals and earn a big money transfer ……whether that’s with us in the PL is something I’m less sure of !
Thanks for that @blueloon .. makes sense what you saying… I hope he knocks down the door at Sunderland this year… his natural ability to hit the net is not something easily taught… surely his areas for improvement are things he can get right… watching this year with lots of interest

Yes , Everton that , Simms would have beed a great option , even if only from the bench.

What does Simms have to do to get recognized? And I’m speaking broadly.

His record has always been very good.. no matter what level or which team. In youth he couldn’t stop scoring but never got real England youth recognition. Then as he approached the right age he never got Everton first team recognition.. what he has been given is far from a real chance given if we honest.

He’s 21, not in the first team squad and without an England youth record… by my checklist he will never make it.. but it boggles me why? His record is superb and he has done all that could be expected of him. Plus he has size on his side … someone help me ? What more could he have done?

I think its a very good loan for him.

He's only turning 22 in January and if he can prove himself in the championship then I expect he'll be brought back to Everton and his contract extended.

He needs to prove he is a player that is better than others we could pay money for and sign.

Update - and I quote, "He's an absolute beast, I can't understand why Everton let him go out on loan, because you looked toothless in the bit of your game I got to see. He was really impressive when he came here with Blackpool as well."
Think he's thinking of someone else at Blackpool, they wouldn't have played Bristol City when he was there, they hadn't been promoted yet.

why on earth we're loaning him out again is a mystery! need some sales ffs

He had a lot of injuries last season but did well when fit.
If he can have another good season and manage to stay fit then he could have a value of 7m or 8m .

He probably is costing us very little anyway as Wigan are paying his wages and there may even be a loan fee.

Jarrad Branthwaite at PSV Eindhoven (Eredivisie, Netherlands)

Joao Virginia at SC Cambuur (Eredivisie, Netherlands)

Ellis Simms at Sunderland (Championship)

Nathan Broadhead at Wigan (Championship)

Lewis Dobbin at Derby County (League One)

Tyler Onyango at Burton Albion (League One)

Ryan Astley at Accrington (League One)

Harry Tyrer at Chester (National League North)

Status
Not open for further replies.