Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Players that have Impressed/ Unimpressed

Vintage

Player Valuation: £60m
We all know about Keane & Young but what players have surprisingly impressed and unimpressed. The FM nerds will say NDiaye they all know would anyway
For me
Unimpressed: Pickford and Tarkowski the most.
Impressed: Ndiaye, Iroegbunam

Ndiaye has been magic for 70min but is giving me the Delofeau fitness vibes. Same with Tim.

Pickford has been commanding his 6 yard box like it's quicksand and Tarkowski just looks totally off it and not a leader maybe he is carrying a knock and just isn't at it.

As expected is DCl. Still carrying on his Jekyll and Hyde performances

…I was disappointed with Lindstrom’s first appearances but I’m now impressed with parts of his game. I was very impressed with Iroegbunam in his early games but unimpressed with his two substitute cameo’s this week.

Funny old game.

Our defensive core as a unit has massively underperformed. Probably because of the absence of Jarrad, but the presence of Dyches unknown brother hasn't helped either.

I have been battered Sean Dyche for his decisions for this start of the season, BUT, i think we're actually on a path to secure our PL-existence, because he has actually changed things:

- Doucouré is NOT a no. 10 - he's an 8, and will probably form our midtfield-core alongside Gueye, Iroegbunam and Mangala
- McNeil/Harrison at wings will make our offense slow and static: that has been changed by the intro of Ndiaye at left, McNeil at central and Lindstrom at right side

Right now, we only need him to STOP relying on Young/Keane, and i hope that will happen, because that will get him fired if he sticks with the for too long. If he managed to correct the defense, stabilize the midtfield core and get a fast, fluid offense going (which i saw glimpses of against Leicester) he will go from unimpressed to impressed.

Having said that: i truly believe, that we have way more quality in our squad than what we see, because his tactics are limited, narrow and primitiv. Next year, i really hope we get a more progressive manager that STOPS our problems at our backs and will lift our players, because i actually see a team in this group.

We all know about Keane & Young but what players have surprisingly impressed and unimpressed. The FM nerds will say NDiaye they all know would anyway
For me
Unimpressed: Pickford and Tarkowski the most.
Impressed: Ndiaye, Iroegbunam

Ndiaye has been magic for 70min but is giving me the Delofeau fitness vibes. Same with Tim.

Pickford has been commanding his 6 yard box like it's quicksand and Tarkowski just looks totally off it and not a leader maybe he is carrying a knock and just isn't at it.

As expected is DCl. Still carrying on his Jekyll and Hyde performances
One day soon it will all come together, the good the bad and the ugly, and we will give someone a hiding, one day soon...........

The only one player I’ve been consistently impressed with is Ndiaye.

Iroebugnam started well but has been poor since. Lindstrom has had moments but mostly been frustrating.

McNeill and Dom have been key for the goals we’ve scored but also really “meh” for the rest of the time.

Pickford, Tarkowski and Mykolenko have all been unusually shaky and shown lapses in concentration so hopeful that a stable back four helps them when Branthwaite comes back.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back