Players you'd take from the relegated teams?

Agree with Charlie Taylor but don't think we can afford him. We only have 1 left back in the squad so it's a position we need to strengthen. Other than that I haven't seen anybody who I'd take. The 3 relegated clubs have been generally awful. Barkley has stood out at Luton, but don't think he'd work for us due to history. We need to be looking to the lower leagues, unfashionable teams in Europe and the free transfer list for our signings this summer.

Barkley has had a great season no doubt. My worry with him is dealing with pressure and expectations. He started well on loan at Villa, but faded. He ultimately flopped at Chelsea. His history with Everton suggests he might struggle. Seems to have thrived at Luton with lower expectations etc. Nothing to lose really.
Agreed, he was overly sensitive….but he’s a few years older now, had his wings clipped and he’s joined Luton because the PL is the only place to be really and he had no other options. I suspect he regrets the decision to join Chelsea - I’m not definitely advocating it, but regardless of the past we find ourselves where we find ourselves, absolutely skint and he is a decent player. I’m sure his salary demands would be huge given what Luton must be paying him

If that ratty runt comes back here I’m done with this club .
RAT !!!!
Well, aside from the past, we know we need to sell probably before June 30th, we have players coming to the end of their contract with us so we need hopefully only one decent sized, big sale. The more palatable obvious sale would be Onana (as no one wants to sell Branthwaite / Pickford) which will leave us quite shy in midfield. I’m not definitely advocating it as unsure myself just saying it’s an option, even if only on a 1 or 2 year contract and lowest weekly wage (can’t imaging LTFC are paying him a lot)

The only player that’s really stood out is Barkley who I think would improve.

Obviously there’s bad blood there but football supporters are fickle. If he put in the performances he’d been putting in for Luton for a few weeks, I’m sure most would forgive him.

@Eggsyblueskin who else would you get in, in midfield who brings Barkley’s ability to carry the ball for small change from a relegated team, (Given that is the topic thread) or would you not bring anyone in?

IMG_6434.jpeg

1715501133076.jpeg

@Eggsyblueskin who else would you get in, in midfield who brings Barkley’s ability to carry the ball for small change from a relegated team, (Given that is the topic thread) or would you not bring anyone in?
Not my job .
Kopite Kev is the man to tax with that conundrum.
But there is a whole world full of midfield players who aren’t ageing ,plassy gangster , rats .
Why recruit a player who would be so divisive?

Not my job .
Kopite Kev is the man to tax with that conundrum.
But there is a whole world full of midfield players who aren’t ageing ,plassy gangster , rats .
Why recruit a player who would be so divisive?
I get how he engineered his move away but my only consideration is what to do to improve the team going forward, not look back at the past. I agree if we weren’t generally such a poorly ran club, I wouldn’t go near him, but this is what 25 years of BK and 8 years have FM have brought us to as a club.

I get how he engineered his move away but my only consideration is what to do to improve the team going forward, not look back at the past. I agree if we weren’t generally such a poorly ran club, I wouldn’t go near him, but this is what 25 years of BK and 8 years have FM have brought us to as a club.
Still plenty of other options
We don’t have to do our shopping only on this miserable little island .

Agreed, but this is who I’d consider bringing in from a relegated team as well as potentially Adebayor, not sure on Burnley or Sheff Utd. Personally (and not the topic of this thread), I wouldn’t bring anyone one from a relegated team, we do it too often, but as I say we probably will

If he was prepared to come to us on the same wages he is on at Luton, I would have him. He can pick out a pass, which is something none of our current 1st choice could do if their kids lives depended on it. He is still slow and lazy, but so is Gomes who is probably on 10x what Barkley is on.

Agree with Charlie Taylor but don't think we can afford him. We only have 1 left back in the squad so it's a position we need to strengthen. Other than that I haven't seen anybody who I'd take. The 3 relegated clubs have been generally awful. Barkley has stood out at Luton, but don't think he'd work for us due to history. We need to be looking to the lower leagues, unfashionable teams in Europe and the free transfer list for our signings this summer.

…Taylor is out of contract at the end of next month.