6 + 2 Point Deductions

Exactly, plus there are a lot of owners of clubs that are never going to compete, and knowing that the average football fan will never bother to look up who voted for what rules, they can deflect a ton of criticism by blaming the rules for their own lack of investment.
I mean Everton practically got on its knees and thanked The Premier League for giving us points back.

City meanwhile are still telling them to "Prove it".

Weirdly according to this we weren’t one of the clubs objecting to the EFL deal. I don’t know why we’d agree to anything the PL board suggests right now, especially if it costs us money we don’t have.

Pretty sure they said that any clubs with an ongoing case will be under previous rules. So us, Forest and City.

Kieran Maguire has done a rough estimate of how clubs currently stand if the new rules were in place. We would be fine but quite a few clubs would be in danger of breaching. This is based on the latest accounts though so will be different by the time the new rules come in (if they do).

So if Leicester are in breach of the last 3 years they now get no punishment as they are changing the rules?

Forest won’t but we will

Nah. I think the clubs wanting the new rules speeding up and putting in place for next season makes the punishment of the current rules not fit for purpose.

So point deduction that could end up relegating us of Forest is wide open for legal proceedings.

Was still under the impression forest would get a small 3 point punishment at most to stop things the circus of appeals etc. But this gives me the impression they'll just close the book and move on.