6 + 2 Point Deductions

In all honesty it's hard to give a monkeys. Football isn't about the game anymore or the fans.

The big 6 spending billions on players yet Everton, Forest and Leicester are the problem lol

We've been horribly mismanaged as a club since Vichai tragically died so I can't say I'm overly surprised
Well, I know you lads are 2nd on the Championship table and will more than likely be promoted at the end of this season.

So technically, if you don't get promoted, you can't receive the point's deduction. 🤔

Simples... Just never get promoted and you'll never get punished.

That's one way to stick it to the PL! 😜

Serves you right for winning the league, the big six didnt like it and you took one of their CL places.😂
Joking aside, it stinks mate. Ffp was started to stop another Chelsea, they knew City were on the horizen and they didnt like it.
Part of me hopes that City get the charges dropped and show the PL for what it is- a corrupt organisation.
Yeah we really did ruin football for everyone else lol

The game just isn't what it used to be but I can't pretend to be outraged because I'm simply disenchanted with the sport

Serves you right for winning the league, the big six didnt like it and you took one of their CL places.😂
Joking aside, it stinks mate. Ffp was started to stop another Chelsea, they knew City were on the horizen and they didnt like it.
Part of me hopes that City get the charges dropped and show the PL for what it is- a corrupt organisation.
City have already got away with it by getting the PL to group all the charges together to form a single investigation thus guaranteeing it will run for years (or as long as the City lawyers want to drag it out for). A cant see anything but a fine when it all concludes which no doubt will be large but basically meaningless given their virtually unlimited resources.

City may not be under the PL umbrella by then anyway if any form of European Super League or World League is in existence.

If the PL do actually want to throw the book at them in terms of a huge points deduction then I doubt any Govt of the day will let that happen given the ownership structure of the club.

It makes you wonder. I heard one of the TV 'experts say that, part of the reason that Forest got less of a points deduction than us, is that they admitted it straight away. We argued the toss and delayed the investigation/decision which resulted in us getting the sanction this season (instead of last, when it probably would have seen us relegated. What would have happened if we had come clean/got relegated last season and Leicester are subsequently found guilty for the same season and get a points deduction that means that we wouldn't have been relegated after all? Piss up/brewery, anyone?

More making it up as they go along with the Leicester case I see:

'Leicester City were relegated to the EFL Championship prior to the introduction of the Premier League’s new Standard Directions, which prescribe a timeline within which PSR cases should be heard. Therefore, the proceedings will be conducted in accordance with a timetable to be set by the independent Commission'

And they keep winning. It is winding up the other cartel members massively. They don't seem capable of making the connection that all other clubs see their cornering of the revenue and ability to spend as no different to us than City shell companies topping up wages is to them

It makes you wonder. I heard one of the TV 'experts say that, part of the reason that Forest got less of a points deduction than us, is that they admitted it straight away. We argued the toss and delayed the investigation/decision which resulted in us getting the sanction this season (instead of last, when it probably would have seen us relegated. What would have happened if we had come clean/got relegated last season and Leicester are subsequently found guilty for the same season and get a points deduction that means that we wouldn't have been relegated after all? Piss up/brewery, anyone?
1) We disputed it which is entirely reasonable to do and should not be cause for punishment.
2) it’s called due process, and is again entirely reasonable.

They tried to rush through a kangaroo court because of the impending gov regulator intervention.
Can see how applying due process and disputing the charges which given the points deduction were ultimately reduced on appeal was patently flawed, can be treated as aggravating factors.
EPL need to give there heads a wobble.

But they were a Premier League club during that period so I would imagine they do have to comply with that?
That’s exactly the point and both the EFL rules and PL rules make it clear where jurisdiction lies.In Leicesters case the 22/23 accounts are measured against the PL criteria as are the requirements to furnish accounts etc to the PL

A few weeks ago Leicester fought and successfully won a case against the EFL who wanted Leicester to provide a detailed budget as in their eyes , EFL, Leicester we’re going to go over the £83 million limit for the three years.

Leicester couldn’t be dealt with under the accelerated process as that’s in the 23/24 rules not 22/23 ones.

Bearing in mind the current PL in effect allows any IC to hand down punishment you would imagine that could only be implemented in the PL completion that said somewhere in the back of my mind the FA have authority to enforce punishment handed down from one league to another.

Forest admitted the charge on receipt of the charge papers, re the first charge Everton didn’t as was their right however just like in most legal process early admission ( entering a guilty charge ) near enough always results in a reduced sanction. The decision to delay the hearing was one made by the IC so would not count against Everton.
Leicester weren’t charged by the PL in 21/22 which Everton were so the current charge is not relevant

'Leicester City were relegated to the EFL Championship prior to the introduction of the Premier League’s new Standard Directions, which prescribe a timeline within which PSR cases should be heard. Therefore, the proceedings will be conducted in accordance with a timetable to be set by the independent Commission'

As per the 22/23 PL rulebook that is the laid down process so it’s the correct procedure

This loophole was known for relegated clubs and Leicester have sought to exploit it. Its presence ackoeledged the other week with a commitment to close it by the PL.

If they try to apply the “spirit” of the regulations, Leicester are, sadly, bang to rights. Deliberately didn’t attempt to claw back funds to reach compliance once they knew they were down, and deliberately didn’t submit accounts. They weren’t compelled to at all, but they will have known they were being clever with the PL. Literally sticking their chest out and daring the PL to take a shot.

Applaud them for it in some ways. In other ways, they deliberately overspent over a 3 year period and factually breached. They could have made some June sales to comply but chose not to. But if the PL are all about punishing sporting advantage, selling players after the 3rd season ended would not have removed the supposed sporting advantage over the player season, because it’s finished, so the PL will still seek punishment.

Very interesting to see how this plays out, given they have just jumped through a massive hole in the rulebook. But certainly can’t in any way claim lack of intent, a misunderstanding or misinterpretation. A very deliberate ploy, and quite witty. Makes the PL, again, look like pathetic.