6 + 2 Point Deductions

Funny how all the clubs that were threatening to sue us are all decided to drop the case shortly before they had to submit their accounts……

Apologies for the pic of Simon Ferocious, but…

1711186276201.jpeg

I care not what two lesser clubs call us, I care what happens to Everton, if we get points reinstated then that is great, if we don’t lose any further points then that is also great. We are a great club, we have a history but that is only part of what makes us great, we are the peoples club, we have a responsibility to do the right thing, if the Premier League come after us we need to go high, if they go after lesser clubs than us then we have to call that us. If we indulge in petty inter club rivalry we are playing into their hands.
Absolutely spot on mate! Why the hell are we getting all Lord of the Flies? We are playing into their hands if we do that. This is classic divide and conquer tactics. Kick of few of the canon-fodder teams in the nuts, then sit back smiling while they tear the flesh from each other. If each club outside of the sly six were capable of acting like grown ups, this would all have been binned at the off and the PL would have been forced to accept a Govt imposed administrator ages ago. We should have started cooperating when the sly six only got a fine. But no, lets rip the pish out of clubs being treated just as badly as we are, that’ll make everything better won’t it!

No way. That's rubbish.

Is someone saying that worldwide viewers, who can watch any game they like stopped watching?
Yeah, that line of thinking makes no sense to me.

The Premier League generated a huge amount of extra buzz globally that season because of the extraordinary nature of Leicester somehow winning it.

It didn’t harm the Premier League brand. Quite the opposite.

@CO

Agreed and all football clubs are equal but some are more equal than others.
The premier league has been a legal vacuum for financial violations for years. I support that this leads to punishments and they take action in principle. They clearly said punishments would be in the form of points deductions and not financial penalties or transfer bans. We can discuss what is the right measure to take.

You rightly said the big problem with it is the handling. The eternal back and forth and intransparency in the process, of how they came up with the decisions in comparable cases of Forest and us. And they won't treat cases equally, which should be expected in any case. no matter of us or Villa, City or Chelsea etc. coming, that's more than obvious.

I said yesterday that for a fair competition points deductions should be taken in June/July before a season and not mid-season as it is a clear interference into the sportive integrity and disturbing the competition.

Imagine our 2nd appeal would be delayed a bit and we secured another season in PL, but they handled us another -4 to lead us into relegation after game 38, they can fully play with that and this is a shame for any team.

….i hope the players respond to the latest deduction like they did with the first, I think it’s hard to judge what the reaction will be but it could define our season.
If it is starting tomorrow, and ends in 3 days time. Everton would know a day or so before the Burnley game. while i would expect us to say whatever happens on Monday 8th april after Burnley - all at a guess