Poll : Martinez Post Newcastle

Martinez?

• In

• Out

• Cheese on Toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see him concede that his usual tactics don't work and that he's willing to try something different.

Weird that he's never played rom and Kone together before now though.

Undecided depends on where we are going when the season finishes. He wins the Newcastle game which is a massive result. I still hope we can catch Newcastle and most importantly⋯⋯win the Europa.

Still the same reluctance to get to the bye line, except once by Atsu right at the end. We won despite the tactics, not because of them. Still "out" for me.

Hahaha. Look at that already.

Wow. Wish there'd been one after Kiev to compare to after Stoke.
haha was out to dinner after kiev or there wouldve been. think if there's going to be post match polls at all then there should be one after every game.

Good to see he's changed things around. Hitting the strikers early is working wonders, that mcarthy goal wouldn't have happened two weeks ago.

Credit where it's due to the manager for making the decision and changing things. It's about time though.

Cheese on toast for me until I see that sort of common sense management for a few games.

He did well today in realising what needed to be done after the players and the crowd took the impetus on for themselves against Kiev. He could have easily put them under team orders again and chose a safe lineup, but didn't do either, so credit to him for acknowledging he was wrong with his selection from the off.

Looks like he's learned from his mistakes a bit there (or rather been forced to adapt) it might be a lesson which benefits him as a manager in the long run. He was arrogant about his philosophy to the point of getting us in a relegation scrap, hopefully he's more fluid depending on the game from now on. Voting IN because of this.

My vote has always been the same: He should get one more transfer window and until November. If we win the Europa (not going to happen like): he is without doubt our most successful manager since Kendall. Agree with all those who think he's had an awful season and has shown some areas where he needs to grow, but I think he has the potential to be something special.

Status
Not open for further replies.