Positives of Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My concern is no one seems to have looked up and realised we are in a relegation fight. Look at Norwich on Saturday - they know and battered everything that moved.

For a relegation battle, you needs passion, want, commitment and you need fight and you need to batter people, make it uncomfortable - you need dogs of war. What we will get in hush puppies and the slow, sideways pocession build up - its his philosophy.

whatever about starting from scratch in the summer i think hes the wrong fit at this time, with the job of work of ahead of us.

The fact no one at the club seems to realsie we need 21 point between now and May is a worry.

Said the same in another thread. It's not the time for styles and philosophies

Knowing people who worked within the club, and within Finch Farm, the feeling around the club with Martinez when he arrived was fantastic, a really positive environment. He was amazing with every level of employee, really really good human relationships.
I will always thinks him for positively encouraging past players and managers to come and visit and be a part of what was happening. I will never forget that he ensured he invited Howard Kendall to Finch Farm to show him around and introduce him to everybody, he treated him like a king.

However, those last few months especially, made the Benitez reign look like an absolute cakewalk. The whole fanbase had turned, every single person (well, bar @davek )

If he comes back, I back him, but there must be an acknowledgment of his failings. Will Henry help? No idea, but he'll be hugely respected, Also, I guess he would be coming in as a replacement, not addition for Duncan Ferguson.

Presumably he took the club to court because that was what he was rightfully due. I’ve no axe to grind on this point if he is a candidate.
I would have thought with a few more years managerial experience under his belt he would be able to recognise his faults from last time as ultimately they were what hit him sacked.
I don’t study Belgiums style close enough to judge whether he has adapted, but he’s an intelligent man so hopefully he will have.
There are positives and negatives in all the suggested candidates. There isn’t really anyone that stands out.

Knowing people who worked within the club, and within Finch Farm, the feeling around the club with Martinez when he arrived was fantastic, a really positive environment. He was amazing with every level of employee, really really good human relationships.
I will always thinks him for positively encouraging past players and managers to come and visit and be a part of what was happening. I will never forget that he ensured he invited Howard Kendall to Finch Farm to show him around and introduce him to everybody, he treated him like a king.

However, those last few months especially, made the Benitez reign look like an absolute cakewalk. The whole fanbase had turned, every single person (well, bar @davek )

If he comes back, I back him, but there must be an acknowledgment of his failings. Will Henry help? No idea, but he'll be hugely respected, Also, I guess he would be coming in as a replacement, not addition for Duncan Ferguson.

Martinez has what is called 'toxic positivity' . No matter how dire a situation is, or how bad things are. He will try look for positives. Over time this looks totally out of touch with reality and people do not buy it anymore. It is the same with relationships and any walk of life.

But saying that Thierry Henry will be coming in as his assistant. Not Graeme Jones.

I remember when Jones was on the touchline screaming instructions when playing Liverpool, he looked laughable.

Henry commands respect and has always impressed me in his punditry he could be a good counter balance.

I think first time Martinez was here he did not allow Duncan Ferguson to do anything other than layout cones. It is likely that Ferguson might leave the club.

Would that be a bad thing? He has been the continuity of failure and maybe even undermined managers in the past directly or indirectly.

Bobby, yesterday my heart was filled with rain
Bobby, you smiled at me and really eased the pain
Oh, the dark days are done, and the bright days are here
My Bobby one shines so sincere
Bobby one so true, I love you and your brown shoe...

Presumably he took the club to court because that was what he was rightfully due. I’ve no axe to grind on this point if he is a candidate.
I would have thought with a few more years managerial experience under his belt he would be able to recognise his faults from last time as ultimately they were what hit him sacked.
I don’t study Belgiums style close enough to judge whether he has adapted, but he’s an intelligent man so hopefully he will have.
There are positives and negatives in all the suggested candidates. There isn’t really anyone that stands out.
Lets be honest without the emotion of the love for the club, a billionaire comes in and claims to have a 100 Million warchest why would you not milk what you're entitled fully in your contract instead of taking a cut price deal to stand aside. No court in the world would side with Moshiri in that situation.

My concern is no one seems to have looked up and realised we are in a relegation fight. Look at Norwich on Saturday - they know and battered everything that moved.

For a relegation battle, you needs passion, want, commitment and you need fight and you need to batter people, make it uncomfortable - you need dogs of war. What we will get in hush puppies and the slow, sideways pocession build up - its his philosophy.

whatever about starting from scratch in the summer i think hes the wrong fit at this time, with the job of work of ahead of us.

The fact no one at the club seems to realsie we need 21 point between now and May is a worry.
Not sure we will need the full 40 to stay up. Id imagine 38 will do it

Martinez has what is called 'toxic positivity' . No matter how dire a situation is, or how bad things are. He will try look for positives. Over time this looks totally out of touch with reality and people do not buy it anymore. It is the same with relationships and any walk of life.

But saying that Thierry Henry will be coming in as his assistant. Not Graeme Jones.

I remember when Jones was on the touchline screaming instructions when playing Liverpool, he looked laughable.

Henry commands respect and has always impressed me in his punditry he could be a good counter balance.

I think first time Martinez was here he did not allow Duncan Ferguson to do anything other than layout cones. It is likely that Ferguson might leave the club.

Would that be a bad thing? He has been the continuity of failure and maybe even undermined managers in the past directly or indirectly.
Ferguson is a big disciple of Martinez. I don't think there would be an issue there.

Status
Not open for further replies.