Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
True story this. My sister-in-law, aged ~40, posted a photo of the Queen on Facebook this afternoon and that she “…can’t stop crying, so sad”. I was utterly baffled so asked the wife what that was all about, and was told “didn’t you know, she really liked the monarchy and all that stuff”. I said “right ok, but crying all day, I can’t remember her even crying at your Nan’s funeral FFS, bit over the top isn’t it.”.

And somehow that made ME a bad person?!

?

No man or woman can change the world its impossible but ask yourself who would you rather represent your country - Queen Elizabeth or Trump/Biden / Johnson/Starmer ?

Monarchy over Republic every day of the week. I would do away with politicians in general if I had my way and give the reigns to William.

Biden by a country mile.

A week or possibly two for injured players to come back, big Frankie to possibly have his strongest squad yet and to be able to use this break to implement the returning players into his plans for the team, and to train them on such plans

Go 'ed Lizzie!

Had Marine cancelled, and all grassroots footy.

Clubs like that will miss out on loads due to it being played midweek now.

Fans travelling to Arsenal and the rest to other parts of the country, international fans etc.

It just didn’t need to be cancelled this week, with the inevitable cancellations coming next week. I’m not sure where they’re fitting the games in either, especially ours.

Gutted for the fans who could lose out on hundreds in lost train fees, hotels and the rest.

I would have an elected advisory board to the King / Queen who act similiar to the PM's cabinet - but political parties and PM's would be given the boot.

The political system has failed look at the mess of society, kids getting gunned down and knifed every single day I think we need to return to simpler times where people had respect for their fellow man and felt a civic duty to their nation.

When your elected leaders are on the fiddle and breaking laws what precedent does that set to the rest of the population ?
Most insane thing I’ve ever read on here.

Congratulations on your vision for a medieval hellscape.

Status
Not open for further replies.