Pre-Season Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

hinchcliffesleftfoot

Player Valuation: £750k
:confused3:Hey, was just wondering if anybody knows when the squad returns for pre-season training? I guess the World Cup players will be given an extra couple of weeks off but with the tour to Oz being set for mid July I was thinking it must be quite soon.

Also does anybody have any info on the clubs replacement for Mick Rathbone and how the likes of Duffy, Gosling and, most importantly, Felliani are getting on with there respective injuries.

Really hopeful for this season and can't wait for things to get moving and sorted, ie Piennar's transfer/contract situation, player ins and outs (Jutciwiecz still at Goodison?), seeing the likes of Beckford, Jaoa Silva & Jan Mucha in the Everton blue and hearing that Goodison roar again.

I think its going to be a really interesting pre-season for a lot of teams, the redshyte have loads of potential exits and no manager, man city will be shopping around as will wobble heads spurs, arsenal and villa seem to be fishing around too. I expect the transfers to start moving post world cup when all the agents start flogging there 'stars', but I really think we're in a decent posistion to retain and (thru the loan and cheaper end of the market) continue to build our squad.

Info and thoughts?

As far as i'm aware, the players are back in on monday, the ones who are not involved in the world cup that is (i may be wrong but that is what i have heard). The WC players are going to be given an extra few weeks off. Duffy should be back, but he is still recovering, Gossy is back in November and i think Fellaini has said he hopes to start pre-season.

July will be interesting, we should see a lot more movement overall in the transfer market. City are gonna spend spend spend, but i'm not worried about that or who they bring in because it has been proven money doesn't buy you success.

I've resigned to losing Pienaar, but i don't mind that. He's 28, we signed him for £2m, we will get £10m plus for selling him and can replace him with one, maybe 2 signings. The players we have signed will certainly push the current squad for places.

A major factor for this pre-season is that we have most of our sqaud being able to report back to training without injury problems. Pre-season is the most important part of the season, any player will tell you that it is vital to get a pre-season under your belt, which the majority of ours couldn't do last season.

Big season for us though. I feel like this is the season we have to deliver. I think we need to win a trophy. We are certainly capable. The messages from the club seem to be that the squad think they are on for something special. Lets hope they deliver.

Cannot wait till the season starts. No Vuvuzela's, just pure chanting and songs and looking forward to the Glawdys roar and magical drunken away days. Love it, COYB!

Yeah, thank god they'll be no vuvuzela's!!

Could'nt agree with you more on the importance of pre-season and how this season we have genuine trophy prospects. Im actually fairly hopeful on Pienarr staying, this has been discussed elsewhere, but again if he goes Everton will move on and use the money on quality replacements. Im also convinced that Rodwell and Billy will blossom fully this year, Im also a closet Anichebe fan and think he will come good. Would like to see us pick up a leftsided defender tho, Baines is set but I think we lack cover.

Suprised to hear the players back so early as Monday, but it can only give the likes of Jags, Arteta the benifit of a full preseason and pleanty of time for the new boys to settle in.

Their first pre-season game is 10th July, just under 3 weeks away. Seems mad Pre-season starts soon, but they have had the month off now. The batteries will be re-charged and the lads will be raring to go.

Billy and Rodwell i agree will come into their own this year, especially Billy, he has shown in glimpses what he can do. I think if Anichebe toughens up a bit he can be a handful, Moyes certainly thinks so, he played him in the majority of games towards the end of the season last year. Hes a big lad though, he should be tougher than what he is, gets hurt far too easily for me, wereas Ossie half his size puts himself about a lot more.

Get this Earth Goblet out the way, i want my away days back!

Yeah, much as enjoy my football it just can't match up with Everton and the prem. The performance of the national side and the fact its full of players I dont like and have a lot of difficulty supporting (Gerrard, Carragher, A. Cole, Terry....) doesnt help.

Big Vic, I agree is far to injury prone but the physical attributes and talent is very much there. I remember seeing him play live in the UEFA cup a couple of seasons back and he was simply unplayable, he managed to show a few bits and pieces of at the back end of last year so I'm very hopeful on him. Also couldnt agree more on the workrate and tenacious attitude of Ossie, but I think it shows how we have developed as a squad that he will now be a squad player rather than a nailed on starter.

Mate, our midfield makes me cream,

Billy, Tets, Ossie, Pienaar (???), Heitinga, Felliani, Rodwell, Cahill, Gosling, Anichebe on the right, Donovan possibly back on loan, frightening stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.