Saints

Dogfight:
Everton
Leeds
Brentford
Fulham
Forest
Bournemouth

I would rate the situation as pretty bad. And since the teams around us seem to want to try and improve it could reach very bad.

So basically, last season’s table with 3 promoted sides plonked at the end.

Terrible. Glaring lack of athleticism throughout the squad, with very few exceptions. Even our athletic players (Doucoure, DCL, Godfrey) are struggling with injuries. And that's before you even consider basic footballing abilities which are also lacking on worrying levels.

I feel as if whilst the standard of other squads in the PL has improved over the past 5 years, ours has consistently regressed year on year over the same period.

Now Richarlison has left, I would genuinely say 20th

We're battling relegation as it stands, no doubt in my mind. I think there are small glimmers of hope in our squad that could take us away from the scrum at the bottom of the league: if DCL can stay fit, if Alli can emerge as a big part of the team, if Gordon can get better etc but a lot of those things are far from certain.

Our midfield is pitiful and unless we get a proper number 6 in before the season starts we'll get completely dominated like we did against virtually every team we played last season.

Probably anything between 10th and 17th depending on how fit the players are, how many games Mina misses, and whether heads drop again when things go against them. Need a massive effort from the whole squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.