Pushing on..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very optimistic; Pickford (erratic and short) DCL does not score enough goals Bernard (Top 6...er no) Gomes (too slow) Gbamin and Kean jury still out...very optimistic...

You dont think any of those players are good enough for a top 6 SQUAD ?

Mindblown...

Kenny? Er no!

Had a decent half season in Germany where Lookman was excellent, and transferred out.

Kenny just isn’t good enough, Sidibe is streets ahead

How do you suppose we cover our home grown quota?

My rationale is would they get into the starting 11 of the other contenders?

I forgot Gomes, he could.
The rest nah.

Plus Carlo ain't going to come here to just get 6th.

Let's assume we get Mr Ancelotti over the line.

Would think expectations from next year are basically a good go at top 4/6 and at least one trophy over the length of his contract with tangible increases should we meet expectation.

I count five or six of the current squad who I believe could be part of a 25 man squad capable of being good enough to meet those expectations.

Mina (just)
Digne
Richarlison
Kean
Iwobi (just)
Holgate (just)

Underlines what a monster of a job he's got on his hands.

What's everyone else's thoughts?

There is a huge difference between targeting the top 4, compared to the top 6. Our first team and overall squad, in my opinion, is no where near the level required to challenge the top 6, let alone the top 4 and it is going to now take considerable time to sort that out.

I personally feel our fans need to accept how mediocre we have become in setting expectations for the coming seasons. If we get Ancelotti in then that would be an outstanding step in the right direction and within 2 seasons i'd hope we are firmly back on track and ready to get in among the top 6 but it won't be easy in the slightest.

Taking your list for example, you have 3 justs in there showing that only 3 players are actually properly good enough. Kean is just a kid so the jury is still out on him.

Our progress will come gradually if Ancelotti/a new manager can turn this slump around. That will mean getting a top 10 finish this season, aiming for 7th next season and then battling for Europe the one after that. Hopefully though if Ancelotti does improve us, then over the course of 3 or 4 seasons, top 4 can then be a target and a cup win, as you said, but I can't see it working out that way. I do appreciate you are saying these should be the targets for him over his contract though, and that seems a good target, I just don't see us achieving it (or him staying long enough), as Everton have killed my hope over the past few seasons.

Very optimistic; Pickford (erratic and short) DCL does not score enough goals Bernard (Top 6...er no) Gomes (too slow) Gbamin and Kean jury still out...very optimistic...

DCL top 6 player don’t make me laugh. Bernard has one good game in five.

Let's assume we get Mr Ancelotti over the line.

Would think expectations from next year are basically a good go at top 4/6 and at least one trophy over the length of his contract with tangible increases should we meet expectation.

I count five or six of the current squad who I believe could be part of a 25 man squad capable of being good enough to meet those expectations.

Mina (just)
Digne
Richarlison
Kean
Iwobi (just)
Holgate (just)

Underlines what a monster of a job he's got on his hands.

What's everyone else's thoughts?

When is Mahrez signing?

Big Sam and Marco Silva got this squad to 8th.

Big Sam and Marco Silva are used to working with instruments of limited quality, though, which gives them a distinct advantage. They know how to communicate with players at that level. At the highest level, there are some things that Ancelotti will just expect his players to do.

Getting Ancelotti is like asking Elton John to give us a tune on a piano with 6 keys missing. Or getting Andre Rieu to conduct an orchestra but instead of a brass section, he has 4 actual brasses.

Big Sam and Marco Silva are used to working with instruments of limited quality, though, which gives them a distinct advantage. They know how to communicate with players at that level. At the highest level, there are some things that Ancelotti will just expect his players to do.

Getting Ancelotti is like asking Elton John to give us a tune on a piano with 6 keys missing. Or getting Andre Rieu to conduct an orchestra but instead of a brass section, he has 4 actual brasses.

Eddie Howe, on the other hand would be a far better hire for Everton.

Eddie Howe, on the other hand would be a far better hire for Everton.

I don’t want to keep banging the drum but the records show that you asked. Correct, in my humble opinion, for the aforementioned reasons.....

He’s not a better manager than Ancelotti but in my opinion there are other more suitable managers out there for us, right now, yes.

Imagine the kids.

Be proper in the know it all's

Twins:

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.