Match Thread Queens Park Rangers v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He certainly needs to start Ellis, he has to get minutes under his belt with the meagre/none existent options we have there when DCL's out. Kenny needs to be at right back too for the same reasons, Holgate and Godfrey don't work there, in fact Branthwaite should start also. These guys need some competitive match time as it's daft having them on the bench when they've not kicked a competitive ball for us in ages.

Not when you are as likely to win one as Newcastle or Watford.
If you dont try, you never know, I dont get this thing were some hope we go out etc, so we can do better in the league, if only things worked out like that. going out the cup wont auto mean we will do better trying to get 6th/7th etc

If you dont try, you never know, I dont get this thing were some hope we go out etc, so we can do better in the league, if only things worked out like that. going out the cup wont auto mean we will do better trying to get 6th/7th etc

We play Rondon Tuesday and he breaks down = no striker for Norwich & Utd.

Drop points in those two games and we risk falling into a slump we are all so used to.

Lets be honest soon as we come up against a Man City, Utd, RS or Chelsea who can field a 2nd string still strong enough to finish top 6 we'll be dumped on our behind even with 2-3 players out never mind 7 + a struggling Godfrey.

We are miles off winning things absolutely miles off, not just in ability and squad depth but also mentality - look at Digne yesterday, Keane against Saints and Leeds.

We play Rondon Tuesday and he breaks down = no striker for Norwich & Utd.

Drop points in those two games and we risk falling into a slump we are all so used to.

Lets be honest soon as we come up against a Man City, Utd, RS or Chelsea who can field a 2nd string still strong enough to finish top 6 we'll be dumped on our behind even with 2-3 players out never mind 7 + a struggling Godfrey.

We are miles off winning things absolutely miles off, not just in ability and squad depth but also mentality - look at Digne yesterday, Keane against Saints and Leeds.
Think we beat Norwich with whoever plays,It would not surprise me if he kept Rondon for Norwich as well, man utd will be hard as we know anyway

Anyone not wanting us to take this seriously and not wanting us to win this game really shouldn’t be supporting the team. This is the only chance of having something to look forward to and something to win.
We can’t win the league or FA cup
I’d rather finish 15th in the league and win this cup at Wembley

Not when you are as likely to win one as Newcastle or Watford.

Rotation for rotations sake, without Europe, is beyond small time. We will only have a chance of winning something with our best side. I can't be arsed with the appalling losing mentality. The most important game is always the next game.

6th or 7th in the league is not an achievement that will be remembered. It's barely an achievement. We need a trophy, everything else is irrelevant.

Having only got back from Villa at 11pm last night, I’ve a day off today, work tomorrow and then have taken a days holiday Tuesday to do a 10-12 hour round trip with a game in between. I’ll likely be back, like many others around 3am so don’t tell me or the others travelling we should be out of this cup or shouldn’t take it seriously

The team I would play would be something like this....

Begovic
Holgate Keane Mina Digne
Townsend Gomes Doucoure Gray
James (big if)
Rondon

Gordon instead if James is, as expected, not available or selected, or a combination of both.

Anyone not wanting us to take this seriously and not wanting us to win this game really shouldn’t be supporting the team. This is the only chance of having something to look forward to and something to win.
We can’t win the league or FA cup
I’d rather finish 15th in the league and win this cup at Wembley
Fully agree with you about folks not taking the league cup seriously, but wouldn't be happy with dropping down the table even if it meant winning it.
The FA cup is winnable providing we have luck on our side with avoiding as many top teams as possible. Without that luck in the draw we showed last season that our cup runs will come to an end when we get City, Utd, Chelsea etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.